Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9 with Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR problems

My questions are in bold... my specific situation comes first.

I just received these components yesterday and put together my new computer. Unfortunately I had mobo problems right away per:

1) Gigabyte EP45T turned off, turned back on, and beeped 21 times (indicates "power problem" acc'd to manual).

2) Removal of ATX_12v (CPU) did not cause this issue.

3) Moving the RAM between slots, removing one stick, etc. caused this problem to go away (sort-of).

4) As soon as Windows has started (during Win7 install) the computer freezes... Video remains (but frozen), all inputs fail (mouse, keyboard, etc).

-- #4 also occurred with 64-bit XP.

I suspect memory problems (and I'm not home yet to try anything)... a few posts I've seen have mentioned dropping the RAM Speed and/or increasing voltage by 0.1v. Is this normal? The Mobo supposedly supports DDR3 2200+.

Is an RMA needed? Is modification of RAM settings OK to do, or will this problem persist / get worse?

Thank you!

• Corsair Employees

Please look on the modules for the correct Voltage it will either be 1.6 or 1.7 Volts and I would try up to 1.8 Volts if you still have problems.

Also testing the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org would a good place to start but from what you have posted I would suspect some other issue.

The voltage on the memory is 1.5v - I haven't attempted adjusting this yet.

I had luck dropping the memory's speed to 1111 MHz from 1333. So far I've been solid for 2 days with only one freeze (while doing some other tasks in Windows 7).

Is it still worth increasing the memory voltage to 1.6 or 1.7v?

I'm still not able to run any memtest I've attempted. The Kubuntu CD memtest tells me it can't "fit in memory"

(** My system specs aren't fully up to date either -- I upgraded my video card today (for Windows 7 support). **)

Archived