Corsair Community

HX620 Electrical noise

jvandehaar

i had the idea that a fan was making noise, so i stopd them all, still the noise was there, so i got my psu out of the case, and stuck the powercord in it, and connected the 2 power pins, and stoped the fan.

and i heard a buzzing noise, i think there is something wrong with a condensator, or something else.

on the desk it doesnt sound so hard but in my case you can hear it really good.

i already buyd a new one because i need the pc every day, but i'm building a new HTPC, so i could use this psu for the HTPC.

is this a known problem?

how could i get my psu replaced?(i don't want my new HTPC up in smoke)

Regards

Jerry van de Haar

The Netherlands

• Corsair Employees
The buzzing can be caused by many things including the video card, motherboard or PSU. I would test the PSU in a different system to be sure that the noise is caused by the PSU and if so, then lets get it replaced. You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

i screwd the psu out of my pc and tested it on my desk, without any components connected to it, and it was still making the buzzing sound.

i also stoped the fan, and still the noise was there, so it is definitly comming from the psu :(:

what is the best way for me to RMA?

true the RMA form you suggested?

or return it to the store?(i work very close by from where i bought it:biggrin:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived