Corsair Community

Obsidian Series 800D Case online

Wired

Perhaps they'll make a model without for those of you that don't like windows, but then why spend extra on a pure black interior?

I fiddle around in my case all the time, so i see the interior fairly often even without a window.

I'm actually starting to like that window, but i'd still like to have at least the option for a solid panel.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great news thanks! An option between the two on the Corsair Online Shop would be a great touch, what's the possiility of the solid door being the sold as is and the perspex window being the option add on?? (Makes more sense to me)

Great news thanks! An option between the two on the Corsair Online Shop would be a great touch, what's the possiility of the solid door being the sold as is and the perspex window being the option add on?? (Makes more sense to me)

I cannot speak on behalf of the product manager but, my opinion is that we need to simply get this first case to market since this is our initial foray into cases. We can refine the offerings later based on industry demand.

• Corsair Employee
I think it will but I am not sure if you may need to do some mods to the case to make it work, the PM will be back next week and I have asked him if he has any information on this so I will let you know if I get any information.

hi there,

could you please confirm that the EPS (8 pin cable) from a HX620 will reach the "normal position" of a gygabyte or asus board?

on my ******** P182 and ***** a77 it's a close call.

from the pictures available, as the board as a gap of around 5 cm to the PSU, maybe we'll have a problem.

as is very dificult to get a cabe extender (at least where I'm from), have you consider to bundle the case with it?

or, if necessary what's the best way to get it?

thks in advance.

paciently waiting fot the case...

Hi guys just joined the forums today so I could share my love for this case.

I love it

I've sold my old computer cos it looks pants compaired to the 800D

I want it NOW!

I have the money for it waiting in the bank. The moment it hits the UK I'm gonna be at the front of the cue.

Might not even build any thing in it for a while just put it on the desk and look at it. I'ts modern art imo.

That liquid cpu cooler looks ace too, Corsair are so hot right now.

The H-50 is already shipping and the Case will start shipping soon if not already!

Any chance you could give us a hint, on what kinds of feedback you guys received that you decided to implement on the retooling? The Corsair rep at [H] mentioned a bigger CPU backplate hole among other things ...

We would love it if you could maybe mention a couple of other changes, if any, that they decided to make here at the last minute.

That way we can put any fears or doubts to rest, and go to bed tonight assured that this is definitely going to be the case for us!! :D:

Any chance you could give us a hint, on what kinds of feedback you guys received that you decided to implement on the retooling? The Corsair rep at [H] mentioned a bigger CPU backplate hole among other things ...

We would love it if you could maybe mention a couple of other changes, if any, that they decided to make here at the last minute.

That way we can put any fears or doubts to rest, and go to bed tonight assured that this is definitely going to be the case for us!! :D:

reading some of your earlier posts I kinda figured you from the [H] (mainly the post about the windows), but I completely agree with you on wanting to know more about what changed. I mean I am already on board 100% for this case, but any extra little things that make it better are cool with me.

I'd just like to re-open the issue of negative pressure in this case. If I were to say install 3 120mm fans at 90cfm each in the top (as exhaust), and also install the new Hydro H50 in the back, would this not create negative pressures? I am planning on building a rig around this case and am having difficulties figuring out how to set up the fans. Any ideas? I had also thought about installing a 90cfm 120mm in the front in three of the drive bays. Any solutions?

I'm planing to mount the H50 on the rear with an aditional fan on the other side of the radiator maybe Sucking air into the case. Going to put x3 120mm fans on top to help the rising heat out. Maybe put I'll pci slot fan in above my gfx cards Ill have to wait and see what heat i get from them first.

Got mr h50 ordered already just waiting for this case to hit the shops

I just saw the film of the case, I was starting to get very enthusiastic until near the end where the demonstrator pulled the bottom filter out from the rear. I see this could be an issue for people who have the rear of the case next to a wall.

On my P180, I am cleaning the filters at least once a month, which is fine as they are at the front, would be a pain to have pull the Corsair case forward every time I wanted to clean the filter. Or is this one of the tweaks you are working on.

• Corsair Employee
The rear filter is there to allow for the fan on the bottom of the PSU to be able to pull in cool air from below the case. The filter itself does not sit directly on the floor, its actually about 3/4 of an inch above the floor, so I would not suspect that you will need to clean the filter very often. If it were to become a problem you should be able to easily block off the filter.

Archived