Corsair Community

corsair rdram help

wilsok

I have an ABIT TH7-Raid mobo. My cpu is a Pentium 4 1.5 gz and came with 2 x 128MB PC800 mz memory modules. The system has been very stable for the last couple of years. I decided to install additional memory and purchased 2 x 128 corsair PC800mz modules. After installing the Corsair Memory the computer randomly resets itself. When removed the computer works as before. I followed the instructions in the mobo manual. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be.

I tried the memtest and ran it for an hour. It did not detect any errors, but I was not sure what to expect. Does it quit on its own when its through?. Anyway when I installed the Corsair ram I got a blue scree that says "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. A thread tried to release a resource it did not own." I have now changed the ram back to my original and the computer works fine again. Thanks for your help

• Corsair Employees
If you got no errors then there is likely some other problem. Can you try the system with just our modules or is that what you did? In addition, what O.S. are you using? And can you tell me the part# of both our modules and the modules you have installed?

I did try to run only the corsair memory and while I did get the computer to start once, I could not get it to start after that and only got the blue screen with the information stated. Details of my machine are as follows: Motherboard: ABIT TH7-Raid CPU: Intel Pentium 4 - 1.5 gz (423 pin) Memory: Samsung 2 X 128 MB PC800 Mhz NON ECC Corsair Memory: 128MB/4 800-40 G100 S100 CORSAIR CM616DR128A-800/E 0410054 I have to shut my computer off to get the part No for the Samsung. I will do that and post it for you. Hope this helps.

Here is my memory info Samsung KOREA 0118 H 128 MB/8 MR16R0828BN1 - CK8IN 800 - 45 101 I also noticed that the last set of numbers on the Corsair memory are different. One is 0412078-0 and the other is 0410054. Also I noticed that one stick is 128MB/4 and one is 128MB/8...

• Corsair Employees
Lets try replacing our modules, from the part# they should work with your modules with out problem. Please follow the link [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6288]I Think I Have a Bad Part. What Do I Do?[/URL] And we will be happy to replace it or them!

Archived