Corsair Community

Tx 850 fan noise

vietkangta

Is it normal for my psu to be loud? When i play a game the psu sounds the same. I thought if it was idle, it would reduce the noise but the noise is the same as when i'm playing a game or not.

It is NOT a whining pitch. It is just the fan running very high speed or something. It puzzles me because i even turned off all my apps to let the computer run without any load and it sounds exactly the same as when im running several apps and playing GTA4.

Is there a way i can reduce the noise on my psu when im just browsing the internet?

I compared it to my friends 620 hx and his is dead silent.

Wow amazing customer service, i sent this unit in on tuesday and got a brand new retail unit today!

Now i got 2 power cables and 2 of all the accessories and plenty of stickers! :p:

Anyway, is there a way i can find out what was wrong with my old psu? It was never explained what was actually wrong with my psu.

Anyway thumbs up to corsair for excellent customer service .

• Corsair Employees
Glad to hear you received the replacement already! Unfortunately its difficult to report the problems which are found with the PSUs. Once received they are shipped back to the OEM and we would not receive reports until weeks or even months later.

Glad to hear you received the replacement already! Unfortunately its difficult to report the problems which are found with the PSUs. Once received they are shipped back to the OEM and we would not receive reports until weeks or even months later.

Hehe, yea i only live like 15 mins away from your headquarter anyway.:sunglasse

Archived