Corsair Community

SPD rated at 1333, get 1066?

Hello,

My 2X2GB "TW3X4G1600C9DHX" sticks seem to working fine, but they are advertised as SPD @ 1333. I get an SPD of 1066; PC3-8500U DDR3-1066 (533Mhz) is what CPU-Z, SiSoftware Sandra and other programs show my sticks as? My question is why? I my profile you will see that my gear should get 1333 when I set my Bios setting for memory to "Auto", and I get 1066. I have to set for 1333. Is the SPD information being wrong a bad thing, or just an error in how they were programmed? If I want to OC I can't use Auto and should be able to. I guess?

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
The SPD has to be set to something that MB's can post at with default Voltage of 1.5 Volts and that will change from time to time depending on the specific IC that is used. Do they run at their tested setting manually set and pass http://www.memtest.org? And in CPU-Z on the SPD Tab what does the part number say?

I ran memtest86 with no problems as expexted. I knew the memory was performing but wondered why I am getting the 1066 SPD. So other than my auto setting choice being different than the specs as normal, I understand why through your answer.

The part number in CPU-Z is: CM3X2G1600C9DHX. My part number of the purchased memory is: TW3X4G1600C9DHX.

Thank you

Archived