Corsair Community

2GB works, but 4GB Blue Screens

I'm running Vista Home Premium 64 and I get errors when I have all 4 sticks of memory in (4GB total). I'm aware of the vista issue with 4 gigs, but I've had SP1 in since install, and I just installed SP2 last night. I've also run both sets of 2 sticks through memtest for at least 12 hours each. All four sticks received no errors, so I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've been running with just two sticks for a month or so now and it runs stable. I'm going to try putting all four in again tonight, but otherwise I'm at a loss.

Does this sound like bad memory? Is the configuration correct? ny help would be most appreciated.

The ones that are removed from the system are:

CM2X1024-6400C4

Version 6.2

The ones that are currently are in the system are (hold on, lemme shut down and check):

Are exactly the same. I think they might just be defective regardless of what Memtest says though, since, you know, the computer blue screened before I could even load Mozilla.

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived