Corsair Community

Need Help

out4it

Ram Guy, I have a Corsair CMPSU-850TX. I wrote to customer care for the following problem. The power cord that runs from the AC outlet on the wall to the psu is bad. The molded end that goes into the psu fits very loose. So loose that it cuts off power to the psu if any movement or vibration happens. I wrote and told them thi. They sent me an RMA number. That number is RMA #1108858. Now it seems real silly to pay to send a 2.00 cord to them for replacement. Not to mention the travel time to them, the processing time and shipping time back... I will be without a PC. Can't they just send me out a new cord? There has to be a better way to handle this. I mean if I wanted to pay x amount to return it in a padded envelope, I could just go and buy a new one for the same price if not cheaper. Seems to me I'm dealing with a computer that rma's things. Because cost wise and time wise this doesn't make sense..........Can you help me out?

Try another power cord in the PSU to see if it's the cable or the socket itself. If the former, then just email a request for a new power cable, and tell them how you've tested of course. If the latter, then you'd need to RMA the PSU of course.

Did try another. Its definetly the cord. Its real loose in the recepticle. Tried another from a friends pc. Fits nice and tight like its supposed to. Told customer service that, but they want me to RMA it. Which is fine after I get a new cable. Makes no sense for the downtime or the cost to send it back.

Well I asked for just a new power cord. We'll see. I think I'm just gonna scrap the Customer support. They are making this way more difficult than it has to be. I'll just spend the few dollars to buy one. It probably would be the same price as me paying for postage to send the damn thing back. Kinda disappointed in the way CS handled this. No reflection on the PSU itself, I'm not gonna let CS ruin my faith in Corsair products. Thanks for everyone's help!!

I doubt they'd want you to send the cable back, as like you said, it wouldn't be worth the postage. Then again, I've had to do similar asinine things with Dell, so who knows :)

Either way, I'd give CS one more chance, and if they stick to replacing the WHOLE PSU for this, talk to a supervisor to find out WHY. There may be a valid reason.

Thanks RAM GUY. I did as you said, explaining and even giving my RMA number(on Monday). Never heard from anyone. Its not a Major high dollar part, which is why I just went out and bought one. What irks me is I believed enough to spend my money on a Corsair power supply, the least someone could have done was replied. Even if it was to say go #$#$ yourself. Oh well, I consider it a lesson learned about buying from Corsair again. Thanks for your help..

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry to hear that, I would have called and asked for a supervisor because this is something that should be very simple to do for you. I don't know if maybe the email is getting stuck in our spam filter or what, but usually this is no problem for us to send out a replacement cable.

Archived