Corsair Community

Unable to run TWIN2X4096-8500C5D In Dual Channel Mode or 1066MHz

dustyshiv

Support Team,

I have a weird issue. I am unable to run the 2X Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D 2GB modules in Dual channel mode or at frequencies of 1066MHz. Increased the memory voltage to 2.1V and Northbridge Voltage to 1.4V But the system wont post with modules in Dual channel mode.

Downgraded the speed to 800MHz and Memory voltage to 1.8V and Northbridge voltage to 1.3V. Still the system wont post with modules in Dual channel mode.

If I run in single channel mode at 1066MHz 1.8v and 1.4V NB, get lots of BSODs when I run prime 95 to test. Btw, theres no overclocking whatsoever. The bios of my mobo has been updated to the latest 18/5/09 Version. My CPU and GPUs are liquid cooled...so heat cannot be an issue.

I read in the forums that many people are havin tough time to get these modules to run at 1066MHz. Though Im happy with 800MHz, why I cant run the modules in DC mode is a mystery.

System runs fine at 5-5-5-18-23 2T timings @800MHz Single channel mode.

Appreciate any suggestions and workarounds.

Regards,

Shiv

on witch mobo ?

NB voltage doesn't matter with the ram only if you change your fsb.

you need yust the specified voltage what the package of your memoy says.

set everything manual in bios, and it should be running, if not, i advise to update bios version.

but first give specs setup.:D:

on witch mobo ?

NB voltage doesn't matter with the ram only if you change your fsb.

you need yust the specified voltage what the package of your memoy says.

set everything manual in bios, and it should be running, if not, i advise to update bios version.

but first give specs setup.:D:

Chiller,

Appreciate your quick response. But as stated in my specs, my

Mobo:Gigabyte GA-MA-790GP-UD4H

Bios: Latest available

Ram Voltage: 2.1V as specified

All RAM settings in Bios: Manual

Please let me know if Im missing anything to mention.

Regards,

Shiv

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem was only running in single mode because i didn't have it in the correct slots for dual configuration, did you make sure you have the Ram in the correct slots. normal the color indicates dual use the same color slots for position (1) x(ramhere)-x (2) x(ramhere)-x

CKM

Support Team,

I have a weird issue. I am unable to run the 2X Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D 2GB modules in Dual channel mode or at frequencies of 1066MHz. Increased the memory voltage to 2.1V and Northbridge Voltage to 1.4V But the system wont post with modules in Dual channel mode.

Downgraded the speed to 800MHz and Memory voltage to 1.8V and Northbridge voltage to 1.3V. Still the system wont post with modules in Dual channel mode.

If I run in single channel mode at 1066MHz 1.8v and 1.4V NB, get lots of BSODs when I run prime 95 to test. Btw, theres no overclocking whatsoever. The bios of my mobo has been updated to the latest 18/5/09 Version. My CPU and GPUs are liquid cooled...so heat cannot be an issue.

I read in the forums that many people are havin tough time to get these modules to run at 1066MHz. Though Im happy with 800MHz, why I cant run the modules in DC mode is a mystery.

System runs fine at 5-5-5-18-23 2T timings @800MHz Single channel mode.

Appreciate any suggestions and workarounds.

Regards,

Shiv

Archived