Corsair Community

Brand new HX1000 bad right out of the box?

iowamoe300

Just got my brand new HX1000 from newegg today to replace my HX620. The computer was working fine before, but now with the new HX1000 in there it starts to boot up and shuts right off. Think I got a bad PSU? I am really pissed off right now to say the least. Lets see how Corsair handles this one, as I am going to be highly annoyed at having to pay shipping to send this pos back.

I hooked my HX620 back up and the computer works perfectly. Definitely got a junk HX1000, just my luck. All I wanted was a more powerful psu for my rig so it didn't have to work as hard. What a waste of time and effort. Should I rma thru newegg or will corsair take care of me being as this is a brand new unit?

You're not using the HX620W wires with the HX1000W did you?

No no no. Never would I do that, LOL. This thing is just jacked, period. Any kind of a load makes it power off. I was bleeding my wc system and had a couple fans on it and had it jumped and it would run for a minute, and kick off but the power was still on because it was making my scythe kaze master fan controller alarm go off for some reason. After "persuading" new egg, they are going to pay for the return shipping. My faith in corsair has wavered because of this issue and I don't know what I'm going to do now. I'm afraid to order another hx1000 for fear I will get another bad one!

Well, I have to say this experience wavered my faith. I'm gonna give the new BFG EX-1200 a try. Considering my HX-620 is a seasonic manufactured unit and the HX-1000 is cwt that must be the difference in quality control. Lesson learned. Sorry to be a traitor.

• Corsair Employees
Sorry to hear that the HX1000 did not work out. I realize that from your perspective the HX1000 has a 100% failure rate, but in the grand scheme of things there are less than a half of 1% of our PSUs which actually end up getting sent back for RMA. If you ever have any other problems or questions regarding our products please let us know, otherwise good luck with the new PSU.

When I was working in the computer business, we built machines to spec for customers, and while some of them worked flawlessly while testing them before shipping, it actually did happen that some came to the customer DOA. I don't think you should give up after just one bad unit, these things can happen to all of us.

Archived