Corsair Community

Fan Noise problem (VX550)

TenienteDan

Hello:

Well, I have one VX550 that I bought 1 year and a half ago. At the 3rd month the PSU started to shuting down and I make a RMA with my shop and they gave me a new PSU without problems (thx to you probably :biggrin:).

Now I'm having a strange problem.

In the last months the noise of the PSU has started to get higher and higher, and I'm sure it is the Fan that it raises the speed.

In idle the fan remains slow, but in some applications, specially the games (all games) it raises and it makes much noise. If I alt-tab to windows the speed goes lower again.

I dont know if it is beacause I am reaching the power limit (maybe 500w) but I dont thing so because this didn't happen before.

What can I do?

Thank you very much, I apologize for my English.

• Corsair Employees
If it only happens in 3D applications then it may be a capacitor on the video card. I would force Vsync "on" through the video options in the game or if the game does not give you the option then you should be able to do it through the video drivers directly. If the noise goes away then the video card or video drivers may be the issue.

Turning on the Vsync exactly reduces the noise. And the game that produce more noise was a game that runs always nearly 100fps or more, I didn't know that this could stress the PSU.

Well, I think the problem is solved. Thank you very much.

• Corsair Employees
If Vsync got rid of the problem then there could be either an issue with the video driver or possibly a voltage regulation issue of the card itself. If the system is now running fine with vsync enabled then I wouldn't suspect you would have any other problems, but its really a "band-aid" solution and just kind of bypasses the problem. You may still want to consider contacting the video card manufacturer to see if they can help you isolate and solve the problem.

Thank you ram guy.

It probably isn't the drivers because I have tried several versions and I have the same problem with all of them.

I will wait some time, and if I have any other problems I will contact with the card manufacturer.

Greetings.

Archived