Corsair Community

An unresolved problem!

kumomo

I recently bought a 275 GTX, and installed it. I'm getting no display what so ever, I believe my system has succeed in POST (can't hear the beeps because Antec 1200 doesn't have built in speakers). I believe it has POSTed because I hear the windows start up sound when I boot into it.

Lets go over what I've tried to do...

I've tried my brother's 260 GTX and it works in my system just fine.

My Palit Radeon 4850 still works in my system.

I've tried swapping out my ram.

I've tried various power connections via power supply. from 2 PCI-E connectors to 1 PCI-E and one converter (comes with card) and 2 converters.

All these still lead to no video but loads into Windows.

I've also tested the 275 GTX on someone elses computer and it worked.

Help me please! ...I've double... triple checked the connections to PCI-E and power. I think this is a PSU problem...

Advance thanks to all that try

Also I've tried updating the bios, and unplugging most of the components and running with only video card + one stick of RAM, but the screen is still blank.

• Corsair Employees

It sounds like the problem could be either with the PSU, motherboard or video card. You have pretty much ruled out the video card, so if possible you may want to test the PSU in a different system and see if you can duplicate the same results. If the PSU powers on and stays on and you just get nothing on the screen then I would suspect the PSU is a less likely cause for the problem, but anything is possible. If you have the same problems when using the PSU in a different system then lets get it replaced!

You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived