Corsair Community

Acer Aspire 2003WLmi

felix_w

So, it happens that i have one VS1GSD333 and SPD-tool reads the following info from it :

Module Revision Code : 2000

Module Manifacturing Date : Week 00 00

The module is probably from the previous versions, not the 128M ones, is it ?

The module is working in an Acer Aspire 2003Wlmi with Intel 855PM chipset.

As it is stated in the 855PM Memory Controller Datasheet, it supports :

"64-Mb, 128-Mb, 256-Mb, and

512-Mb technologies for x16 devices and x8

devices."

Is it possible to purchase another VS1GSDS333 to work with the old one i already have , or it will not be compatible ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

(If this is not the proper thread, please notify me to open a new one )

• Corsair Employees
Unfortunately the only way to know for sure would be to try it. The newer revisions of the VS1GSDS333 are still compatible with your system, however some systems may have trouble when it comes to using mismatched memory while others may not.

Thank you for your support.

It seems then that i'll have to ask the parts shop, if i can test the module to see if it works flawless first and then purchase it.

If i understood correct: Compatibility of my notebook's platform with new 128Mx64 modules exists, but there could be some problem with having two modules of different structure working together ?

• Corsair Employees
If i understood correct: Compatibility of my notebook's platform with new 128Mx64 modules exists, but there could be some problem with having two modules of different structure working together ?

Thats right, while the memory modules may be the same part number, the way they are programmed and the type of chip used on the part may vary. In most cases this will not cause a problem, but every system is different and its possible that the memory controller in your system may require two identical memory modules in order to function properly.

Archived