Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF fine at 800, fails at 1066

BUnit

I am having problems getting my ram to successfully run at 1066 speed. i have trolled enough forums looking at people with the 800/1066 problem to mess with my settings appropriately, i think.

it runs fine at 800 mhz: passes memtest and prime95 stress test for as long as i have had the patience to run them

however, when i change the bios ratio to make the ram run at 1066, windows will lock after a very short time. I have manually set the timings and voltage as advertised, to no avail. when i run memtest, it first does not report the correct speed or timings, instead it has set the speed at 466 mhz with timings of 5-3-3-3-21 and on a second try 5-5-4-12-31. however, cpu-z confirms my bios settings of 5-5-5-15-22.

then, memtest reports many errors at that speed and timings. prime95 tests fail within a minute or two

any help or suggestions would be welcome, thanks

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS then install just one module and set the tested settings after you load setup defaults IE DDR1066 at Cas 5-5-5-15 2T Command Rate 2.1 Volts and test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and if they both pass then install both modules in the second set of slots and load setup defaults and set the tested settings and test them let us know the results.

sorry, i did mean twin2x4096-8500C5DF

i tested them individually in the first slot and got those errors

i do not have the latest bios revision for the k9a2; i have 1.3.

on the forums for their motherboard, people seemed to have this issue with different bios revisions; the mods their blamed the processor. flashing bios makes me nervous, i will give it a shot

thanks again

Archived