Corsair Community

HX-1000 Cables (PCI-e/video card related)

sneakysmalls

I have an early version of this power supply so I was short on some cables, but I was wondering if I were to buy 2 new video cards with a 6 and 8 pin pci-e cable requirement could I use the 8-pin connectors from rail 1 (fixed 6+2 pins), one on each card and the 6 pins, placed on rail 2, one on each card. The reason I want to do this is because I do not have any modular 8-pin PCI-e cables. The only ones I have are the 6+2 that are fixed. I feel like this would be OK but I wanted to hear it from someone else before I proceeded. Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
The only thing that you would not want to do is use a PCIE cable from both the 12v1 and 12v2 in the same video card. Since the two 12v rails are independently regulated, the voltage on both rails may not be exactly the same and it could cause a short and the PSU would turn itself off to protect the system. If you need additional cables, please email jackflash@corsairmemory.com and include your contact information along with which type of cables you need and the type of PSU you have.

Archived