Corsair Community

Ram possible defective

I have the TWINX 256X2 PC3200 xmx platinum ram (phew...) I am using an NF7-S. The problem is the ram will not break 180FSB. I have tried using the most relaxed timings and upping the voltage. No matter what the FSB or VDIMM is the computer will not post at an fsb over 180. Here is some more info about my rig. Athlon XP mobile 2500 @ 2.4ghz @1.7vore (13.5x180fsb) NF7-S (rev 2.0) 9800 pro WD 40gb hd If you need any more info please let me know.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest making sure you are running the memory in a 1:1 or 100% ratio. If you are then lets get that memory replaced. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

I just realized that I have been running my RAM in single channel...would changing to Dual (besides raising preformance a lot) give me a higher FSB? I also just flashed to ABIT BIOS 23 (from 20) and found that the system runs more stable with 20. I dont think this has anything to do with my problem, I just wanted to see if there is a last ditch effort i can make before an RMA. Thanks :cool:

• Corsair Employees
Generally you will lose FSB when switching from Single to Dual channel. In single channel there is less stress on the north bridge and you can generally get a higher FSB. A good test would be if you hit the same FSB limit in both single and dual channel.

Archived