Corsair Community

Power on/off problems

ezridaz

I have a new setup with an Antec 900 case,Corsair 850TX PSU and a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4PMB. I installed everything and plugged the power in and turned the PSU switch on. All came on fine and lit up like a Christmas tree. I go to turn it back off on the case and it turns off fine. I go turn it back on and it wont. I have to turn the PSU off and unplug it for a few seconds then plug it in and flip the switch then it is fine. I connected the power switch from the case to the front panel header on the mobo per mobo manual and it is correct. I have even flipped the power switch on the header thinking I might of had it backwards to no luck. Thanks for your help as it is greatly appreciated!!!

The switch in the back isn't the same as the power switch on your case. Are you saying that after flipping the PSU's switch on, the power button on the case will not work?

Thanks Wired!!!

Once I pull power from the PSU and plug it back in, the case power button will work. It seems like the PSU or mobo has to be reset, meaning that I have to pull the power cord from the back of the psu,to where no electricity is reaching it. It will turn off just fine(case), just wont turn back on (case)unless I pull the cable(psu). Once I plug the cord back in(psu) and flip the switch on the psu, the motherboard will light up then I hit the power button on the case to turn back on. Once I turn it off, the mobo light stays off. Also when I turn it back on with the cord trick, the mobo will light up without me turning the case on. I dont know if its a mobo prob or psu prob.

Archived