Corsair Community

What chips does XMS 3200 rev2.1 use?

Revv23

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck getting it stickyed...After reading countless posts asking about various revs and modules, it's painfully obvious that Ram Guy/Corsair isn't going to volunteer much info unless u pin them down. They sit and watch while we try to figure it out with endless questions and posts, when they could easily sum it up with one single post...it's not like they don't know! Let's face it...Winbond is outta here and this means that 'enthusiast' ram isn't gonna be worth a crap for a while barring any major new developments, no matter which maker it is. For now it's a contest of who bought up the biggest stock piles of Winbond ICs...once they're gone, who knows?

[quote name='Zax']Good luck getting it stickyed...After reading countless posts asking about various revs and modules, it's painfully obvious that Ram Guy/Corsair isn't going to volunteer much info unless u pin them down. They sit and watch while we try to figure it out with endless questions and posts, when they could easily sum it up with one single post...it's not like they don't know![/QUOTE] LMAO!!! Doesn't take any luck at all, for I'll sticky it myself. It pays to be an admin! :) (Mel Brooks, eat your heart out!) Got a bit busy, haven't had time to clean it up at all. I'm gonna have Ram Guy confirm it all though before I sticky it, so as to be 100% accurate. It's not that they're drying to make it difficult for anyone, AFAIK no one's asked for a complete list of it all! Checking the [URL=http://houseofhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133]Suggestions and Requests[/URL] area, it's really rare that anyone suggests anything! If you have a suggestion of any kind, please post in there. Also, if they were trying to make it difficult, then why would they even bother having a forum? If all goes well, I'll work on it tonight.

Good deal!! Thank you much...I think we'll find this sticky will get a ton of hits! I'll finally have somewhere to send folks who are always asking at Dev Hardware (formerly (and still is) OCAddiction!) No hurry btw... :D:

• 2 weeks later...
About what I thought...PR dodge-ball. :cool: I've been a Corsair fan since the good 'ol 2-2-2-5 BH5 days, but I must say that PR wise, I find Corsair isn't keeping it's loyal customers briefed on the rapidly changing memory market and resulting revisions to current products. I know it's not a pretty picture now that winbond is fading fast but Corsair 'enthusiasts' deserve to know the lastest rev. specs as they apply to current offerings... even if it's not all good news. Your customers at least deserve a sticky on this subject...don't we?

That's truely pathetic. When it comes time to upgrade, Corsair is out of the question without a doubt. None of the other 'enthusiast' memory makers has a problem with stating exactly what modules are in which dimms! Another thing...If anyone even mentions a competitors NAME, much less a product, it get erased immediately! It's painfully obvious that Corsair is no longer a viable choice for the overclocker/enthusiast memory unless u can afford the very pricey 4400 stix to go 1:1 with. Don't get me wrong...when your outta winbond modules there not much that can be done, but the competition had enough since to stockpile BH5, BH6 and CH5 chips when Winbond announced it's gradual withdrawal from the memory market! Goes to show that when the enthusiast memory market is only a couple of percent of the total market, money take presidence of customer satisfaction...at least in this case. This forum needs renamed...is clear there are no 'true' enthusiast to be discused! Maybe semi-enthusiast? Sooo disappointed... :(:

I have not found any problems with this forum. it IS a corsair forum. So I only ever discuss things relating to my Corsair products and their effect on my life. I'm sure no one is gong to care as the last post was last year I think. I don't own ONLY corsair ram, its 2 3rds corsair. When something breaks and you need something in a hurry and they are out of corsair ram there is not much choice :( So I find no problem with this forum. And I have been a fan since I got me a XMS3000 256mb module. So there!

Chill. 1. When someone asks how to troubleshoot their x brand memory in here, of course it's moved! This is the Official Corsair Memory Support Forum after all. However, it's hosted by The House of Help Support Forum, which does support troubleshooting all hardware, regardless of who makes it. It just makes sense to move a thread to an area where it is going to get more help. 2. The revision / chip thread [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20550[/url] isn't going anywhere, it's just not going to be stickied. If Corsair had a problem stating which chips were in which revision, then why is that thread still there? When I talked to Ram Guy, he said the thread will not be taken down. If you check the forum, you'll see that whenever he's asked about which revision has which chips, he has told us. It was just decided by someone up the ladder that it can't be stickied. So the thread may be bumped occasionally, big deal. I'll repeat what I said earlier: [quote name='Wired']It's not that they're drying to make it difficult for anyone, AFAIK no one's asked for a complete list of it all! Checking the Suggestions and Requests area, it's really rare that anyone suggests anything! If you have a suggestion of any kind, please post in there. Also, if they were trying to make it difficult, then why would they even bother having a forum?[/quote] Also, if you look really closely, if your theories were true, then all of my posts would be erased! :) :roll: :mad: ;): :D: :(: :p: :cool: :roll: :mad: ;): :D: :cool: :o: :(: :p: :sunglasse :sunglasse :sunglasse :): :): :): :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

• Corsair Employees
First thing, lets set some things straight! 1. I have always; when asked stated what IC's we have used with what part# & Revision! Always! 2. This list of modules that is floating around, if you will notice I have answered questions with in this thread many times! So that statement is just nonsense! 3. Most other module manufacturers do not tell you when there is a change. In fact in many cases they do not track the changes and the information they may give you may not be accurate! 4. The post originally started by [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20550]MiniBoy[/URL] we have no problem with, just we do not want to make this a sticky. for a few reasons. 4a. With any rule there are always exceptions and we would rather that if a user wants to know they ask about a specific modules part# & revision, so there is no mistake. 4b. We have never officially support mixing modules and that would be the main reason that someone would want this type of information. Only Twinx sets are rated with 2 modules and 2 modules only! 4c. We are manufacturing more than 250,000 + modules per month so if you multiply that by 8 or 16 that's how many IC's we use a month. The shear logistics of that is a nightmare.

No prob...will chill... Answer one little question and I'll leave it alone... As of now, meaning current production...What is the CURRENT rev. # of the TwinX (2x256) 3200C2PT pairs? And which modules do they contain? The reason I ask...was thinking of adding another 2 stix, shopped around on NewEgg and seen the spex for the above, (2-3-3-6)...then looked at the 3200LLPT and the spex said 2-3-2-6...I don't have the LL but mine runs at 2-3-2-6 at 212-216MHz full time (3.35GHz w/ 5:4 divider). What's the difference between mine and the LL version? Can the LL do 2-2-2-6? Which modules are in the LL stix as of now? I suspect they are BH6...and there are dimms from another maker that are speced at 2226 w/ BH6, can't the LL also run these timings (even tho they're not speced 4 it? I know this info is covered in that thread...but with things changing so fast, wasn't sure if other newer revs are out. Soz about carrying on and such...just knowing that 2-2-2 memory is VERY close to extinction and my only other solution is to go 1:1 with the faster and much more expensive dimms...has got me a bit edgy.

TWINX512-3200C2 XMS3200 512MB 2-3-3-6 * 2x184 DIMM Platinum TWINX512-3200LL XMS3200 512MB 2-3-2-6 2x184 DIMM Black Just that drop from 3 to 2, that's the only difference. As for the rest, that's Ram Guy's territory! Uber secret stuff... sshhhh!!! :)

Well, the silence was deafening 4 sure. I'll leave now and not return. But I will be letting everyone on 2 major overclock forums know about the wonderfull PR and recommend they avoid Corsair like the plague!!! :cool: RamGuy...U can delete my account, I'm sure you won't mind.

1. Your account will not be deleted. 2. Dude, we're all human. Ever thought that maybe your post just fell between the cracks? Considering how many posts there are a day here, it can happen occasionally. 3. Post it all you want, you're seeing something that's just not there.

Archived