Corsair Community

I bought a phony Corsair 750TX

ProCPU

Paid in full for a Corsaire 750TX to be shipped to my door. This power supply is for a customer who is very specific about this power supply.

model #: CMPSU-750TX

Originally, I posted about this problem at the Extreme Overclocking forums for a second opinion. My name there is Jahova. Here is how I described it.

Bad news.

I received the power supply today. I'm not sure what brand and model it is, but it is not a Corsaire 750TX. Someone stuck only one Corsaire 750TX sticker on it and tried to sell it as such.

I've contacted E-tech about it and the lady I talked to was very polite and understanding. However, the person she spoke to tried to get her to convince me it is a Corsaire 750TX, when obviously he knows he did something wrong. That's when I mentioned the BBB and she said to email and she will call me today.

The Corsaire 750TX has black wire wrap. The PSU I received does not have wrapped wires. The Corsaire 750TX has 4 PCI-E 6+2 pin connectors. The PSU I received only has a single PCI-E 6-pin connector.

Shame!

The paint on the Corsair PSU cases is flat or semi-flat black. This PSU is a gloss black. That sticker is likely genuine, but it is peeling off at the corner. I am 99.99% sure this is not a Corsair.

Link to the original post:

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=321442

(scroll down)

I called Corsaire but received the recording about office hours (closed).

The store I bought it from offered replacing it. Originally, they were not going to replace it until I said I have to contact the Better Business Bureau. Customers of my business expect to get what they pay for.

Corsaire, I may need your help. You also may have a potential lawsuit against someone trying to sell power supply's with your company stickers on it.

Here are pictures. I have tons more and will give them freely as long as they will help you and I.

label.thumb.jpg.e79f735cf1a80d88c15b41bfcd8e1f9f.jpg

fake_Corsaire_750TX.thumb.jpg.1ce0570e6fc55a1decdce3fe4ad1150e.jpg

connectors.thumb.jpg.69c83b2a4a37cd9c0d1977dc44be583b.jpg

Something fishy is going on here. That is not a Corsair Power Supply and the E-Tailer needs to be investigated.

Either they are selling returned power supplies, in which case the original purchaser of this unit has fraudulently labeled this generic power supply as a Corsair 750-TX or the E-Tailer themselves are doing something bad.

I peeked at the thread holes for signs of previous installation. It looks new like it's not been installed yet.

Is this a case for the legal department?

The RMA from E-tech Silicon Valley was approved. Corsair needs to let me know very soon what they want to do. A pre-paid shipping box has been dispatched from the seller.

Come to think of it, there was no original packaging or anything with the power supply. It was wrapped in bubble wrap with an invoice and stuffed into a used cardboard shipping box. :eek:

*edit*

The label also says "Made in China". I thought I read somewhere that Corsair manufactures products in Taiwan?

That is definitely not a TX750... The cables aren't even braided on that PSU!!!

It looks nothing like a Corsair PSU neither, except from the sticker...

Wont the people that are knocking out these units get in a lot of trouble for this?

That is definitely not a TX750... The cables aren't even braided on that PSU!!!

It looks nothing like a Corsair PSU neither, except from the sticker...

Wont the people that are knocking out these units get in a lot of trouble for this?

Exactly why I am posting this. We feel, as a legit business, it is our responsibility to notify Corsair of these types of issues. The e-tailor is sending me a new unit that should be the correct part. I could call it 'macaroni' at that, but I want Corsair to know what is happening.

If I didn't know this PSU was fake, it could easily make Corsair look bad. Imagine if there were 100 psu's like this. They could have a 50% failure rate because they are not real Corsair products. That would make Corsair look bad.

The label also says "Made in China". I thought I read somewhere that Corsair manufactures products in Taiwan?
Some stuff's made in China apparently. Check out the pics of the PSU @ newegg. That label says the same thing, but is of course the real deal.

Bump for a Tuesday after a holiday.

*edit*

I just called Corsair. The gentleman I spoke with mentioned this happening with some USB drives, but never with power supply's. Now I await for a response in this thread.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest contacting the reseller and asking them to replace the unit as it is not our PSU and looks like someone took the label off ours and put it on another unit. And please post the name of the store or reseller and let us know if they do not take care of this.

seller: E-tech Silicon Valley

http://e-techsiliconvalley.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_62_10_485_1241&products_id=6652

It looks like they removed this power supply from the website. No problems. I printed out the webpage before they deleted it. Also, have copies of the invoice and receipt.

If Corsair wishes, I can fax or post pics of the original listing copy I have.

*edit*

Right now, I'm concerned that they might send me another fake Corsair power supply. If this happens, what should I do?

I called E-Tech again. They told me it could take 4-6 weeks for the RMA process to complete. So far, nobody has done anything about this problem.

Now we have a customer that paid for a reputable product. So far, the customer has received nothing. This is going to make someone look bad. The Better Business Bureau may have to get involved at this point unless I see results very soon.

I called E-Tech again. They told me it could take 4-6 weeks for the RMA process to complete. So far, nobody has done anything about this problem.

Now we have a customer that paid for a reputable product. So far, the customer has received nothing. This is going to make someone look bad. The Better Business Bureau may have to get involved at this point unless I see results very soon.

Considering it was clearly NOT what you paid for, I'd call again and tell them to either refund your money or get you what you paid for NOW. IMHO, this isn't an RMA as it's not a warranty issue because they shipped the wrong item.

Archived