Corsair Community

doesn't work

Pinzut

Oh oh oh it's so crazy ! "mac memory" doesn't work with mac computer ...

I bought one kit VSA4GSDSKIT667C4 G and just one module works. I ship the kit with the warranty and guess what ? The second one I received doesn't work !!

Someone knows if it's possible to have a refund from Corsair ? Thanks !

my part number 8356852 - 8356853

Mine isn't referenced in the list (MB881F/A I believe). When I bought ram memory I don't think to check the compatibility, more if it's written "mac memory compatible with MacBook, MacPro, Imac (intel)". Just a perfect scam ...

• Corsair Employees

I have posted the same message in the other thread that you guys have posted in, however since you are both having similar problems I will post the same advice here.

This memory is compatible on any Intel based Macbook and Macbook Pro that supports DDR2 memory. If you have not tried it yet, I would make sure that you have all the latest updates for the OS as this will update your firmware in some cases. Also, you may want to try resetting the PRAM by doing the following:

1. Shut down the computer.

2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.

3. Turn on the computer.

4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.

5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.

6. Release the keys.

You can find more information regarding resetting your PRAM here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379?viewlocale=en_US

If you still have problems then I would test the memory modules one at a time in the same slot and see if you can isolate a single memory module which may be causing the problems. If one works and the other does not we will want to replace the pair for you. If this is the case then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

For a refund or exchange for a different part you would need to refer to your reseller. However if they can not help you, then I would suggest that you contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com and see if they can give you some alternative options to try to resolve the issue.

Archived