Corsair Community

ASUS P5K64 WS motherboard

Belier

Hi,

I have been running Windows Vista x64 for over a year with a matched pair of Corsair CM3X2048-1333 C9DHX without problems. The modules are marked 9-9-9-24 1.7 volt 08050173. BIOS was set to AUTO everywhere.

Recently I bought and added a pair of CM3X1024-1333C9DHX marked 9-9-9-24 1.5 volt ver.1.1 08232134 to get a total of 6 GB thinking they would be compatible with my setup.

However, now my system freezes once or twice per day and I have to power off/on to continue to work.

Any good ideas what could be the cause? I do not overclock, just AUTO settings in BIOS version 0607.

P.S. I have tried more recent BIOS but my computer does not boot well due to USB disk issues. Removing my recent acquisiton of memories makes the computer work fine again.

I really would like to get as much memory as possible as I am using heavy applications but looking at what memory is proposed in webshops it's impossible to know if it will work.

Regards

Belier

the first set of ram is 1.7v the new ones you got is 1.5v

with DDR2 is just set my ram to run at 1.98 makes my pc stable with 8gb of ram

but your useing DDR3 so not sure if 1.7 can be used with the new sticks or with the CPU due to Intel spec

you could set the speed of the ram to 1033 if it has not done so all ready as your useing 6 sticks

or try the new ones in only see if it still hangs

be better to use 3x2gb sticks over 6x1gb sticks norm less problems

Archived