Corsair Community

Is TwinX512-3200c2PT Compatible with ABIT NF7-S Rev2.00 ?

PrTv

I just sold my Kingston Dual Kit 3-3-3 (use KINGSTON Chip , Not winbond , Hynix , Or anything ) cause it has Serious Stability problem /W Abit NF7-S Rev2.00 , I can't run Mem@400 MhZ cause it keep Restarting all the time. Now next move is TwinX512-3200c2PT , Can it uses with NF7-S Rev2.00 ? This time i want to be 100% sure cause i don't want to waste my money on NON Workable/ Non Compatible Ram anymore. The model that i gonna buy is TwinX512-3200c2PT VER 3.1 . Is it has any problem with NF7 @400 Mhz (or more :) ) ?

[url]http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/guides/Abit-Jul2003.pdf[/url] From that info it looks like it should be compatible even though a board version # isn't listed. I'd wait on an official answer just to be safe though, as I'm no expert ;)

It's List 3200c2 But the model that i'am gonna get is 3200c2PT 3200c2 is More expensive than 3200c2PT , Is it use the same chip (maybe 3200c2 is The SAME chip that pass Higher speed ???? ) If it's the same chip , I think it's safe to imply that c2PT model will works with my MoBo So , Can anyone confirm that it'll work together ? cause Kingston Cl3-3-3 Is leaving bad taste in my mouth , and i don't wanna taste it again :P

TWINX512-3200C2 XMS3200 512MB 2-3-3-6 * 2x184 DIMM Black TWINX512-3200C2PT XMS3200 512MB 2-3-3-6 * 2x184 DIMM Platinum * These parts support 2-3-3-6 latency on Intel platforms, and 2.5-3-3-6 latency on AMD platforms. Only difference is that the PT is colored Platinum. Physically, they're identical.

Ummmm , This make me a little confused. At the shop i saw 2 pairs of Platinum Heatspreader Corsair Ram , But One package is More expensive Than the other (Both are 256*2 TwinX Matched Pair) When i ask the shopkeeper about the difference of these 2 models ( cause it look exactly the same ) he said that the More expansive one can use tighter time (can't remember the timing but i think 2-2-2-6 or something) . I'am not sure if the model of that package is3200c2PT cause i'am not interest to buy the expensive one , so i think i'll get the less expensive one (3200c2PT)

Hey, Can it be Revision Different ? Cause i search in this forum and so many people said that 3200c2PT Ver3.1 Is So SUCKS in Overclocking . But Ver 1.1,1.2 Is Great for O/C. Maybe the less expensive is 3.1 and the more expensive one is 1.2 , Does this make sense ? Does Corsair still Produce Rev 1.1 , 1.2 of XMS3200 ? If NOT , How long have Corsair been stop produce is ? Cause If this Rev. Is Stop for a long time , Maybe the model that i saw in the shop is USED RAM (to sell me in BRAND NEW Price). Sorry to ask so many question , but i really need to know it before get the new ram .

• Corsair Employees
These modules should be no problem with this system, but the suggested timings would be Cass 2.5-3-3-6 and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. In addition, you would need to be running a 200 MHz CPU with AMD platform to run DDR400 memory!

• 5 months later...
[quote name='PrTv']Hey, Can it be Revision Different ? Cause i search in this forum and so many people said that 3200c2PT Ver3.1 Is So SUCKS in Overclocking . But Ver 1.1,1.2 Is Great for O/C. Maybe the less expensive is 3.1 and the more expensive one is 1.2 , Does this make sense ? Does Corsair still Produce Rev 1.1 , 1.2 of XMS3200 ? If NOT , How long have Corsair been stop produce is ? Cause If this Rev. Is Stop for a long time , Maybe the model that i saw in the shop is USED RAM (to sell me in BRAND NEW Price). Sorry to ask so many question , but i really need to know it before get the new ram .[/QUOTE] Hey!!! I have 3.1 and I can reach fsb 250 or 257 with 6 3 3 3 timings @ 2.6 volts. Cheers

• Corsair Employees
PrTv, Rev 1.1 and 1.2 of our XMS3200C2 modules were based on Winbond IC’s; since Winbond dropped out of the DRAM market they are no longer available! Sorry, but they stopped all DRAM production last December! However, our XMS3200XL modules are based on Samsung which will reach a higher frequency than Winbond!

Archived