Corsair Community

Twin2X4096-8500C5D G advise please

REMA

what setting do i need to change so the run at the expected 1066MHz

In bios Memmory Clock

1. i guess I change the speed to 1066 (presently set on Auto) of course BUT do I need to change these and if so to what ?(all presently on auto)

Tcl Trcd Trp Tras Trc Twr Trrd Trwt

1T/2T Memory Timing

DRAM Ganged Mode [Auto]

Memory Hole remapping [Enabled]

Thanks for thehelp (novice at this and I bought these after being advised they would detect at 1066.....not by Corsair...the other thing that made me choose Corsair (Also have 850TX PSU) was the sites obvious attempt to help novices....went to ******** and had no idea if there RAM was mean't to be ok for this Mobo...so I spent a bit more on Corsair..... :-)

Also in another post that I didn't fully understand I saw a utility called CPU-Z SCREEN ...waht is this?

Thanks for any help

Thanks for the reply...have you any idea on the settings ??

I'am totally new at this , but I did check Corsairs web-site before purchase for compatability...so I assumed they would just run at 1066

Probably niaeve of me.

:?

You need to look in your manual in the BIOS section. There, it will detail how to manually set the BIOS settings. It will tell you specifically how set the BIOS to a MANUAL mode and change the memory frequency to the desired frequency and also set the memory voltage to the required voltage.

well I changed the voltage to 2.1 left all other items on auto...moved to the voltage bit is in ADVANCED -JUMPERFREE CONFIGURATION-MEMORY ...RIGHT ?

and set that first on 2.080 then tried 2.155v obviously I set Dram to 1066

both settings caused windows to shut down to protect my computer/blue screen....I checked before I bought this Mobo that these sticks were compatable...

any further advice please?

• Corsair Employees

Will the system run stable with the memory set to DDR800? If so I would try just to test leave the memory set to DDR800 and then set the tested settings manually IE DDR800 Cas 5-5-5-15 2t Command Rate 2.1 Volts and over clock the CPU to about 266 MHz and lower the CPU Multiplier and see if it is stable.

If so then there is a BIOS issue with the MB or the CPU has some issue and may need to be replaced.

Hello RAM GUY

My voltage is set to 2.080

CPUID reports this :

and I have all these that are changeable:

Tcl Trcd Trp Tras Trc Twr Trrd Trwt

Tis is 8 settings...Is it the first 4 I change.? tRAS is at 18...this should be changed to 15 ?

and the command rate to 2T

thanks

memory-800.bmp

RAMguy hello...I am not ignoring your adviice but I don't fully understand this (my understanding was that these sticks would automatically run at 1066 when i checked the Corsair site...I am no overclocker and the build is to run at normal speed until 2 years down the line where I hope I can squeeze an extra year out of it for the kids, by adding more RAM and overclocking then.

"and over clock the CPU to about 266 MHz and lower the CPU Multiplier and see if it is stable."

For testing I have only ran windows media player , playing songs with visulisation, some 10 secs video and opening some asus monitoring programmes and the like.

(NOTE SPD in CPUID reports max bandwidth PC2- 6400 (400mhz)

With two sticks in all set to auto on BIOS ..CPUID gives DRAM freq 400mhz,

FSB DRAM1:2, CL, tRCD and tRP = 5, tRAS 18 , tRC 23 , CR 2T

I tried 1 stick at a time in thefirst slot ,setting in BIOS 5,5,5,15,2T 2.155 v

The above programmes did not crash the system when I play media player etc.

CPUID reported channel single, 533.4 mhz, FSBDRAM 3:8 , 5,5,5,15, 31 (tRC) , CR 2T (is that FSB wrong? and should tRC be so high?)

However when I put in both sticks (BIOS setting still as I had set them)

then the system was unstable..

CPUID reported 533.4 mhz , FSBDRAM 3:8, 5,5,5,15 ,31, 2T

graphics looked afunny as in the small boxes to expand /close windows were not right, I giót reports that media player had stopped working , Desktop window manager stopped working and closed, task scheduler engine stopped working and was closed, seemed to settle down and graphics were ok..

I then turn off PC and Turned it back on (not a restart thru vista)

It reported windows explore had stopped and will be restarted. TOOK TOO LONG TO START and after 15 moins not everything was loaded...

I restated (thru vista) started media player etc and got blue screen which dumped some info somewwhere...

system went to Windows Error Recovery to protect PC

I entered set up and but everything back on auto..

If you can enlighten me in any way I would be grateful... MY PRESNT BIOS VERSION IS BIOS Pheonix Tech revision 1502 there appears to be 1602 and 1701 SHOULD I FLASH THE BIOS???TO 1701 ????

Thanks

RAMguy hello...I am not ignoring your adviice but I don't fully understand this (my understanding was that these sticks would automatically run at 1066 when i checked the Corsair site...

Please check your motherboard specifications. It requires manually setting the memory frequency to run at 1066 with your motherboard and CPU.

Hello I also tried just one stick at a time in slot 2 ..

setting in BIOS 1066 5,5,5,15,2T 2.155 v

CPUID reported channel single, 533.3 mhz, FSBDRAM 3:8 , 5,5,5,15, 31 (tRC) , CR 2T

So it appears that it is only when I try 2 sticks at a time that the problem occurs...Does this indicate anything ?

Spedcmike ..."It requires manually setting the memory frequency"

If you mean setting it to 1066 then I have done that other than when I state I have left everything on auto.(thus I am gettinh 533.4 as a reading)

Thanks

So it appears that it is only when I try 2 sticks at a time that the problem occurs...Does this indicate anything ?

Thanks

This is a likely indication that your memory controller on your CPU is not strong enough to run 2 modules at 1066. You may simply have to run the memory at less than DDR1066.

Its just annoying that I bought these after refering to the Corsair site (I had been recommended Kingston but I couldn't confirm on there site that their RAM was compatiable with my Mobo whereas I was able to with Corsair)

iF it indicated that it would take this much trouble to try get them to run then I would have bought Kingston or corasir 6400 CL4 sticks...I just naievly or not feel i have been misled..

I think I have to refer this to my supplier now and see what they think...can a Phenom 11 x4 940 be under powered for this purpose?

I have tried to run memtest (burn't to CD) but can't get it to boot from CD ..I put cd as first priority...it boots to vista..... I enable "Boot Up Floppy Seek" it does was it says...it looks for a floppy, doesn't find one so gives me the options of continuing to vista OR going back into set-up ??

I'm sorry you feel misled but, this is not attributable to the memory. I suggest you contact your CPU manufacturer or the motherboard manufacturer. If the rest of your system is operating correctly for 1066 operation, this should be as simple as setting 2 settings, the frequency and the voltage.

• 1 month later...

Hello specmike and RAMguy...just to let you know that it was the motherboard that was faulty and they sent me another ASUS model as the one I had was out of stock....after manually adjusting the speeds in the BIOS the RAM run just fine....

sorry if I vented some steam during this post.

have a great summer

Hello specmike and RAMguy...just to let you know that it was the motherboard that was faulty and they sent me another ASUS model as the one I had was out of stock....after manually adjusting the speeds in the BIOS the RAM run just fine....

sorry if I vented some steam during this post.

have a great summer

No worries at all, we're glad to hear you got it running. And thanks, right now I'm just trying to stay cool as it's 96F outside.

Archived