Corsair Community

Rebates

I finally received my rebate if you want to call it that. Instead of a check I received a debit card from CitiBank. Usually I don't read the fine print but this one I did and am so glad. Corsair should be ashamed of themselves calling this a rebate. No way can you get the full face value of the rebate unless you can figure out the total cost of a purchase plus sales tax. God help you if you go over the face amount shown on the debit card as they charge you a $15 fee for going over. If you purchase something and have a balance left and then don't use the card for three months they charge you $3.00. If you then cancel you do not receive the balance. That balance, according to CitiBank, goes back to Corsair. Also you cannot use the card at an ATM even though their extra fine print says you can. This guarantees Corsair and Citibank a profit by issuing debit cards instead of a check. Sorry for the long post but I feel I should advice anyone reading this forum what a scam this is. From where I sit at the very least this is nothing but misrepresentation if not downright fraud on the part of Corsair.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry about that but most of the rebate companies have moved to this type of rebate reimbursement. If you have a Pay Pal account you can transfer the money there and then get the full value.

That may be so but that does not mean that Corsair has to do it too. Why are you (Corsair) so determined that yours customers cannot receive the full value of the ADVERTISED rebate due to all the restrictions which are only disclosed in the ULTRA FINE PRINT in the terms. Seems to me you should be up front about it in your advertisements. It appears that the next step is to take this up with the NJ State Attorney General and the NJ Department of Consumer Affairs.

• Corsair Employees
It is not like that, as far as I know this is done with the rebate company and they setup the reimbursement. I would suggest calling in and talking to or customer service and see if there is anything they can do. Please call them at 888-222-4346 Ext "3" and see if they can help you.

Already tried that and he suggested I post on this forum as he could do nothing.

I wouldn't lay all the blame on the Citi as they told me they NEGOTIATE a contract with Corsair. Citi's terms say the rebate can be used at an ATM yet it cannot and you can not get cash for it. To me that says Corsair asked for those restrictions not Citi. I am more than a little disappointed in Corsair and unfortunately I still have another 3 or 4 rebates coming.

I called this afternoon as you suggested and talked with a rep. Corsair is to send me a check to replace the debit card. I thank you for your assistance and hope Corsair wises up and stops this ridiculous sending out of debit cards instead of a check. Contrary to CitiBank propaganda on their debit card site a debit card is not a convenience to the recipient, and neither should the recipient be required to go thru this kind of a hassle. However, once again I want to thank you for your efforts and timely responses to me on this forum.

• Corsair Employees
Thank you for letting us know, but as I stated irregardless of what you have been told or think this is not something that we set or request, the rebate company is a third party company that is contracted to provide these services and is industry wide not just us.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this forum by typing Corsair memory rebate scam into google.

The "rebate center"changes the date every time I call them.

Its been so long since I submitted the rebate I dont remember which pc the ram is even in..............

Why on earth would I continue to buy Corsairs products.

Being lied to by 3rd party companies is illogical.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest calling in and talking to or customer service and see if there is anything they can do. Please call them at 888-222-4346 Ext "3" and see if they can help you.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived