Corsair Community

CM2X1024-8500C5D issue

Good afternoon!

I just bought two extra gigabytes of RAM to match what I already had, and now I am having all sorts of issues.

Here is what I had:

• Two modules of CM2X1024-8500C5D
  • Each says XMS2-8500 1024 MB 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 2.10 ver6.1

The newly arrived memory is the following:

• Two modules of CM2X1024-8500C5D
  • Each says XMS2-8500 1024 MB 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 2.20 ver1.2

The problem is that when I put all of them in, the system refused to work period. I was able to determine that one of the new modules is DOA, and when trying to boot with that module alone, the system will not boot period.

When trying to boot with the other new module, it does boot (if I set the voltage to 2.2) but Windows gives me a blue screen.

When booting with old modules alone, everything works fine at 2.1 or even 1.8 volts.

My question is: would it be possible to replace the modules I just bought with something that a) works and b) is more compatible with my old ones?

While trying to fill out the support form, I was unable to find CM2X1024-8500 there.

If this is at all relevant, I bought the new modules at ZipZoomFly.

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Alaric.

Oh... :o: If I only had a brain...

Edit: OK, I found the listing, but I am reluctant to submit an RMA request since I am not sure that even good memory will work with my older version of the same memory because of voltage differences. Is there a way to try and get the same version as i already have?

I am sorry but no that is just not possible I would suggest getting them all replaced so they match.

Ram Guy, thank you for letting me know! Is it possible for me to exchange all 4 pieces of my RAM for a single 4Gb kit, even though my pieces are from 2 different kits and two of them work fine?

Archived