Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF 2nd set failure

Hi support,

I am experiencing a problematic stick on the replacement set you sent me after the original one failed for the same reason. It seems that using this memory with the 975X chipset results in failure after some time of usage (couple of months) for both sets I received (Was running fine at 800@2.1volts-one chip, and another pair I have still run fine on the motherboard-tried relaxed timings, voltage corrections, nothing works).

Could I get some help with this pair please?

Thank you in advance,

Christos.

That would suggest it may be a problem with the MB if it keeps killing memory like that.

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

Thank you for the response,

As you say it could be the motherboard that kills this certain memory (maybe the newer c3df don't play well on the 975x). I tried to isolate the problem but the motherboard has been running fine with a spare DDR2 1GB set I have (for almost 2 years now). Is there a more appropriate similar module - even at higher timings?

I was actually looking at the testing results for the motherboard and saw only 6400C4 modules to be tested.

Thanks again.

Archived