Corsair Community

VX550W clicking noise

max1391401

Sorry about the thread dig but I am having the exact same problem as everyone else. Mechanical clicking sound coming from the fan, best described as an old film projector.

I live all the way down in New Zealand. I had ordered an HX520 however the supplier sent me the vx550 instead. As I tried to get them to swap it over, both the online shop AND the distributor/importer it came from have gone bankrupt.

As is, the vx550 with its clicking is too loud for my liking. With both shop and distributor out of the picture, I assume the only option for RMA would be direct to corsair? Shipping would cost over $70 which is ridiculous.

Therefore would you recommend I just perform the fan swap myself because even though I'll break warranty, as I can never really RMA it anyway.

What fan would everyone recommend? How fast does the fan need to spin to never have heat issues? I was thinking the Yate loon D12SL-12, 1350rpm fan. Would it be safe to run it at 5v?

Thanks for your help

Sorry about the thread dig

Max

• Corsair Employees

Sorry for the long replay, your post was over looked.

I would suggest calling our customer service and see what they can do but normally an RMA would go to Taiwan from that part of the world and I know there are less expensive was to ship to Taiwan.

please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “3” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com
)

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it.

Archived