Corsair Community

Asus Striker II Formula & TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX

Levzi

I am currently using the above RAM with no problems, but I am now in need of a minimum of 6gig of RAM. I have checked the compatibility list and the only 8 gig mentioned is the dominator.

I was wondering if I can add 2x1gig sticks with the 4gig I have to increase that to 6 of the Twin2X2048-6400C4DHX.

Would this cause my system to become unstable ? Or should I be looking to get the same RAM as I have now and have 8 gig of the C5DHX ?

Any help is appreciated.

• Corsair Employees
I would not suggest it but if you go With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Oh right I never knew that. So 4 modules of 667 should be ok. Do corsair even still make DDR2 2gig modules anymore ? I'll have to shop around for it I think.

Would there be a big performance hit using 667 8gig over 800 4gig ? As I use the PC for mainly music production now, and it loads instruments into the RAM instead of direct disk access.

Also I assume the Corsair version is VS2GB667D2 and i'd need four modules, the voltages would be 2.1 ?

Archived