Corsair Community

HX1000w and PCIe slot

behemuthzero

jsut got my corsair 1000HX i was all excited about, but it seems no matter wut i do when that PSU is plugged in the computer will not see my graphics card its like the PCIe slot doesnt even exist. Checked bios its set correctly. Reset Bios removed battery even. about to try again but im not holding my breath Switching back to the old crapp 350w oem PSU and it works fine. I am not sure if it is the PSU or not. At first none of my PCI or PCIe slots worked. then the PCI came back. after that nothing. fan on the graphics card works i think. It spins but sounds a little off. First PSU upgrade, read the guides, and there isnt anything too involved with it. any thoughts? ty for any help.

• Corsair Employee
If possible I would test the PSU and possibly the graphics card in a known working system to see if you can duplicate the same issues. If you have already reset the BIOS in your current system and you have the same problems the only remaining option to troubleshoot with that system would be to disconnect as many components as possible and see if there is any change when you boot up the system with a barebones hardware configuration.

well i tested it on another machine and it seemed to work but that machine also didnt have PCIe so i wonder.

The 5 year warranty allows me to RMA anytime within the 5 years right? I ask because if it is something wrong with my mainboard (not sure how) i was planning on upgrading to i7 neways i simply was going one step at a time. it will take me prob 30 days or so to raise the 1.1k to get i7 + mobo + mem to test this PSU on that system. I wont be outside any warrenties or anything will i? If not i will prob just box it back up and shelve it til then. Kinda sad to box brand new stiff but if it is my older mobo causeing this then i need to neways.

Thanks for being so helpful :D just priced i7 mobo/mem/cpu and it will take prob 3 weeks.

Just so wierd to me the PCIe vid card fan spins but other than that mobo acts like its non existant lol. Ive read amazing things about corsair and was main basis for this purchase. Reviews are excellant and products top notch. Gonna try new setup befor i RMA cause i trust their quality over my diagnostic skills neday >.<

• 3 weeks later...
Just put together my Core i7 920 + a P6T6 WS revolution motherboard + 6 Gigs Corsair Dominator Ram. Hooked everything up and just as before the graphics card fails to initialize with the HX1000 power supply. Hooked up my garbage 350W Bestec power supply and graphics is fine i could get into bios and mess round. Unless both motherboards are gimp, i am starting to doubt the PSU. Graphics card is older but not horrid old. be my next upgrade point for the system. Wouldnt think it would matter what card i use. Any ideas? Ty for your help.

Archived