Corsair Community

TX750W Getting noisy

DiannaCotter

I have had my 750 since November, and at first it was very quiet, now even on start up its getting louder:mad:, almost as if a bearing was going, or something else with the fan. This PSU isn't that old, and granted it's fan DOES ramp up when it needs to, this is not what is going on. This is something present at any and all fan speeds. Its just a lot louder than it was originally, and getting worse.:(:

Any help would be appreciated!

D

• Corsair Employees
I would try loosening the 4 fan screws on the bottom of the unit about a 1/4 turn and see if there is any improvement. If the noise remains and is loud enough to be bothersome then let's get it replaced. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Power is lighting the mobo but the PC will not turn on at all now.

I have checked the power pin connectivity to the mobo from my pc so the switch should work.

I just turned the 4 screws less then a quarter of a turn and then scewed it back on the case...

????:mad:

It will not turn on at all.

Let's get it replaced, you can use the link from my previous post, and if you can post the case number of the request I will get it approved ASAP!

I called Corsair directly. I am in school and so I need a replacement ASAP, more than that I can't wait for it to get shipped back to you guys then wait for the new one to come. That will take a week at the very least. I have an RMA number already, I just got that in email. The guys on the phone have got it handled and are sending out a new one, hopefully I will have it by Friday!

• Corsair Employees
I called Corsair directly. I am in school and so I need a replacement ASAP, more than that I can't wait for it to get shipped back to you guys then wait for the new one to come. That will take a week at the very least. I have an RMA number already, I just got that in email. The guys on the phone have got it handled and are sending out a new one, hopefully I will have it by Friday!

Glad to hear you were able to set that up, let us know if you have any other problems!

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

Yea the diesel in my tower is back. This power supply sounds horrific on startup. :eek:

Here is a short Youtube I took of it yesterday at startup. The sound is bad, but if you crank it a bit, you can hear it... and its getting worse every day.:mad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRpWQwJ8Dc

Please help, I have submitted an RMA, but want to back that up with this, and keep my fingers crossed that I can get a new one sent to me before this one dies altogether.... I am in University and can't afford the down-time!

Its the replacement Power supply. I actually disconnected the power to the other fans, show blue in the little iPhone vid I took, and it is even easier to hear that its coming from the power supply. It really sounds horrid.:confused:

Really, it does sound like a Diesel engine starting up, its LOUD. The mic in the iPhone just sorta sucks and faces away from the camera lens.

Hey RamGuy.

Yes it does. Funny you should ask that, my husband made me start it up like that too. Sorry for not being a knowledgeable geek, but why would that matter?

At any rate, it quiets down after about 15 minutes, but its taking longer and longer to do that. Its to the point now that I am wondering just when its going ot just not start up... lol... so I leave it on... :bigeyes:

I don't have an RMA number yet, I have not gotten any emails back from Corsair at all.:!:

Thank you very much for your help!

D

Archived