Corsair Community

ASUS A7V8X-MX & XMS PC2700/333 256MB

sirandre007

:(: + :sunglasse Happy with Corsair over all but I a previous post we exchanged via RMA Corsair RMA Number: R45948 Part Number: CM64SD256-2400C2 Number of modules: 1. ASUS A7V8X-MX BIOS 1006 / AMD 2800 Barton I requested that it be exchanged for 256mb 184 pin DDR PC2700-333 Value Select because I was ordering that from Newegg so it would be compatible. Not paying that much attention, other then the how it looked different, I got PC2700-333 XMS. This will not work on the above mother board (default bios settings, set at 166 on dip switch). It causes a boot i/o error / blue screen of death when booting Windows 2k or XP. I tried a WD 40 GB 2 mb cache and a Seagate 40 GB 2mb cache fresh installs, after loaded on FAT32 or NTFS when booting up for the first time after install it would crash (Partition Magic never failed though) First time around, I had the memory configuration and wouldn’t work Dimm 1 value select PC2700/333 Dimm 2 XMS PC2700/333 Next just the XMS in slot 1, no go Then value select. Both systems work, loaded tons of software (12 hours later), running XP Pro, Office Pro, Medal Of Honor, Visual Studio Net…. No problems with the value select. Extra Info Before I tried the memory configuration I was sure it was the hard drive or maybe even the PSU, so I replaced my 350 generic PSU with a Antec 480True (great PSU…) and bought the Seagate HD. After that did not work and much research I did the memory switch. Can I exchange this XMS for a value select or maybe a BIOS update (I don’t see one on ASUS for this) or any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Yes we sure can, soory about that! Please email [EMAIL=Warranty@corsairmemory.com]Customer Service[/EMAIL] with your previous RMA# and an explanation and a link to this post and I am sure they will help you get this resolved. If you have problems please let me know and I will jump in and help get it sorted out!

Archived