Corsair Community

What happened to CM3X20481600C9DHX

Captain Zero

I have 4x2 sticks of CM3X20481600C9DHX, it was originally listed under the QVL (and cofigurator) for the ASUS Rampage Extreme and is no longer listed. I'm having problems with the RAM and can't get the expected 400/1600 out of them. At best, I get 1033 but that's a far cry from the 1600 minimum I would expect.

Was this RAM discontinued? Is it faulty or no longer recognized as being compatible with the ASUS Rampage Extreme? Thank you, in advance to anyone will to address this.

It's still listed:

Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for your Asus Rampage Extreme

Just gotta look for TW3X4G1600C9DHX, which is 2 matched pairs of the CM3X2G1600C9DHX. Same part, just shorter part #.

They're tested one PAIR at a time, not 4 up, so there's no guarantee you'll be able to get all 4 at that speed, which is due to the large amount of stress on the memory controller.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I haven't been able to get more than stock 1066 out of the RAM. Then again, I blame the poor NB on the ASUS board. Even with a NB liquid block, it idles at 46c and that's without any OC.

Glad I didn't go with 8GB of Dominator for this build, it would it only exacerbate the problem.

Archived