Corsair Community

P6T Deluxe V1 - I7 920 - Twin3-2048-1333

markino

Hi guys,

the dealer raccomended me this PC and i bought it but, in the boot the bios tell me 4088Mb instead of 4096.

i've just read that twin3 are not supported by p6t deluxe, how can i do?

there is something that i can do? i've updated the bois to the latest version, everything is AUTO, not overclocked... should i set some timings or other stuff?

Please help me!

Marco

any tutorial will be appreciate

thank you for the quicly answer.

what if i'll buy another twin3-2048-1333-c9?

i've placed the first twin on slot 1-2 and the second 3-4 so i've the 5-6 free

buying the 3rd twin i can go triple channel but i don't know if it's compatible.

in the list that you suggest me there isn't the pack that i've got.

http://www.corsair.com/configurator/memory_results.aspx?id=172004

as you can see tha asus p6t deluxe is not listed.

what should i do?

Thank you again.

Buying a 2nd pair will just cause more problems, as then at best you'll be attempting mix memory that hasn't been tested together, and at worst you'll be attempting to mix ICs.

Go back to the reseller that recommended that PC and ask them to swap the memory for the right memory (e.g. a triple pack).

The less # of sticks the better. All of the compatible memory sticks are in the link I posted earlier. For the same speed @ 6 GB, go with TR3X6G1333C9. If you're planning on going for 12 GB, go for HX3X12G1333C9.

what exactly is XMP?

can i enable it by buying this pack? TR3X6G1600C8D

please help me.. i really don't know anything about this topic, i would like to overclock a little bit my pc..

any suggestion?

• Corsair Employees
what exactly is XMP?

can i enable it by buying this pack? TR3X6G1600C8D

please help me.. i really don't know anything about this topic, i would like to overclock a little bit my pc..

any suggestion?

A: And the answer is Yes these modules support XMP and XMP = Intel Extreme Memory Profile

Multiple SPD profiles

Enables preset or user-defined memory profiles that can be selected depending on usage model. For example, an aggressive low-latency profile could be used during intense gaming while the default memory setting can be used for everyday home computing, such as home office or web browsing.

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but I am lost as to what you are looking for.

Just go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and enable XMP Profile 1 is all you have to do to enable it. There is no secret.

Archived