Corsair Community

Rebate Program in Crisis

I saw an ad for Fry's Electronics and purchased a HX620W Power Supply on March 3rd, 2009.

Tracking ID #14528232

Promotion Information

* Promotion Number: 22564

* Promotion Name: Corsair PSU Rebates at Fry's Electronics

* Start Date: 02/27/2009

* End Date: 03/05/2009

Submission Status

* Pre-Registration Date: your pre-registration was filled out on 03/02/2009.

* Documentation Date: your documentation arrived on 03/05/2009.

* Documentation Status: your documentation is valid.

Congratulations! Your mail-in rebate request has been processed successfully. You should receive it by May 10, 2009. If by this date you have not received your rebate, please contact us at 1-888-941-2912. Thank you.

Today is May 11th and I phone the number to ask where my rebate is and they tell me they will re-issue a replacement rebate. I ask "When was the rebate mailed?", and the agent tells me they have no way of knowing because there is no tracking of mailed rebate checks.

And it gets even better! I ask "So, when will this replacement check be mailed?". The answer? In two to four WEEKS!!! :mad:

While the $40.00 rebate DID encourage me to purchase the Corsair product, the handling of my rebate has created a negative feeling that will be very difficult to overcome when I consider future hardware upgrade purchases.

If the fact that they are not ignoring my request completely equates to "taking care of me", then I am compelled to agree.

The main problem I have with this process is the lack of keeping even the most basic of records to verify efficiency. If they do not even record the date that a rebate check is mailed out, how can they know the level of service being provided to YOUR customers? :confused:

I would have hoped your company would intercede in behalf of it's customers when they experience a negative purchasing experience as a result of the company that Corsair selected to handle it's rebate offers.

I will not add more to this thread as I have stated my feelings clearly regarding this matter. Some form of action by your company to remedy this situation would go a long way in restoring good faith in Corsair with myself and the myriad of friends, relatives, and acquaintances I may chance to discuss my recent computer hardware purchases with.

• Corsair Employees
I have noted your claims and notified the appropriate persons and I am sorry but there is nothing that I can do to intervene I would suggest contacting our customer service and see if there is anything they can do to help you, please call them at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "3".

Archived