Corsair Community

DFI Ultra Infinity - How to get dual channel?

Pardon me if I have the terminology wrong. I have two sticks of CMX256A-3500C2PT and a DFI Ultra Infinity board. I want to put the ram in such a way as to maximise my bandwidth. The manual with the DFI sucks pretty badly and offers no insight. My NF7-S board's manual had suggested slots 2 & 3. In a discussion group someone mentioned slots 1 & 3. Since it's Corsair ram I thought I'd ask here & see what the thinking is. Thanks!

[quote name='megalomando']Pardon me if I have the terminology wrong. I have two sticks of CMX256A-3500C2PT and a DFI Ultra Infinity board. I want to put the ram in such a way as to maximise my bandwidth. The manual with the DFI sucks pretty badly and offers no insight. My NF7-S board's manual had suggested slots 2 & 3. In a discussion group someone mentioned slots 1 & 3. Since it's Corsair ram I thought I'd ask here & see what the thinking is. Thanks![/QUOTE] Well since DFI and Abit are 2 entirely different companies, I wouldn't assume that they work the same way.

[quote name='Wired']Well since DFI and Abit are 2 entirely different companies, I wouldn't assume that they work the same way.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the reply but that doesn't help me much. They do share nForce2 chipsets in common and both have a similar BIOS and that may have a bearing on the location the ram is placed in. As I'm not a hardware or bios engineer, I don't know. I am hoping someone in this list actually knows the answer as I don't and the operators manual with the Ultra Infinity has all of 20 or so pages in english & then repeats those same pages in five other languages.

For the DFI Ultra Infinity mainboard, putting the modules in DIMM slot 1 & 3 or 2 & 3 will utilize the dual-channel architecture. As for timings, do you have a TwinX set or two separately bought modules? (Did they come in 1 package together or two separate packages) PLUR CK

1 and 3 or 2 and 3 are for dual channel as said before as for all nforce 2 ultra 400 boards. I have heard many people claim that 2 and 3 work better but have tried both myself and it makes no difference. If your 3500C2PT is rev 1.1 then you are lucky like me. This is BH-5 memory and mine currently runs 250fsb (x10) at 1:1 with 2-2-2-2-5-11-15 timings at 3.3v. As far as i am concerned that is an incredible overclock (with CPC on). IMO thats the way to increase your bandwidth :):

[quote name='eldiablo']1 and 3 or 2 and 3 are for dual channel as said before as for all nforce 2 ultra 400 boards. I have heard many people claim that 2 and 3 work better but have tried both myself and it makes no difference. If your 3500C2PT is rev 1.1 then you are lucky like me. This is BH-5 memory and mine currently runs 250fsb (x10) at 1:1 with 2-2-2-2-5-11-15 timings at 3.3v. As far as i am concerned that is an incredible overclock (with CPC on). IMO thats the way to increase your bandwidth :):[/QUOTE] Yes, I have two of the 512 sticks and two of the 256 sticks. Thanks for the input. Cheers!

Archived