Corsair Community

CMFUSB2.0-8GB slow using vista!

mulletpole

Hello.

I just updated my most advanced CPU to Windows Vista Ultimate from XP, due to the fact that it realizes the 8 GB of Ram it has, unlike the XP that I was using. This is the machine I use as my Home Theatre PC and thus it has many files that I copy to/from it.

When I had XP as the operating system on it before the, it was a mere 1 min per 1 gb transfer time to and from.

Now with the upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate, the transfer speeds have slowed to approx. 200-300mb/min.

I did a search online for info. on this and saw that there were many posts at different sites relating the same types of issues but no real answers that I could see.

To check I took the same drive and used it right after on another machine that still uses XP and the same speeds as before 1gb/min were there.

Apparently this is a Vista issue. Any ideas on how to get back to speeds realized on XP?

Thank you in advance.

John

• Corsair Employees

I would check this link as it seems to be a common issue with Vista

This seems to work as well once you have all of the updates installed.

Go to Local Disk ©, got to Windows, got to System32, go to Driverstore, go to Filerepository, go to usbstor.inf ( click the on that is newest), copy the usbstor.inf and usbstor.PNF files. After you have copied the two files got to Windows, inf folder and paste the files in that folder. Now your usb devices (flash drives, hard drives, ipods, etc.) should work. But you may need to remove the listed device for the non functioning device and restart the system.

Hey Finally got a chance to check this out and all files were available in the appropriate locations as indicated. No need to copy and move as they were already there.

Am I wrong though isnt that/arent those instructions for card readers as opposed to flash drives? I'm using an 8 gb corsair thumb drive.

Regardless, its still slow as hell. Put in an xp computer and fast as it ever was, so it must still be a Vista Issue. Any other solutions?

Thanks in advance.

John

• Corsair Employees
Then you are not getting the latest Versions, please make sure that you have all of the latest drivers and updates done then look for the latest date of the folder named Filerepository, or usbstor.inf

Archived