Corsair Community

same problem!

mrgino

I've had the random shutdowns since I built my PC back in October. Initially i thought it to be a problem with Vista 64 so I ignored it. But now that I've upgraded to Win7 RC and had it occur again, I took a closer look at the event viewer logs....

The logs show no trace of any sort of application or system error other than the attached image.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5033/powerd.jpg

Whaddya think Ram Guy? RMA this thing before it wrecks my other parts?

• Corsair Employees

There are a few possibilities:

1. Something is overheating, check your temps next time following a shutdown.

2. Possibly a memory problem, use http://www.memtest.org to make sure you are not getting any errors.

3. The motherboard or some other component is going out of spec and tripping the overcurrent/overvoltage protection circuits in the PSU. Try the PSU in a different system to see if you have the same problems.

4. There is a faulty component in the PSU.

I would go down the list and see if you can narrow down the possibilities. If it looks like there is a good chance that a replacement PSU will resolve the issues then, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

1) temps are fine, bought a new case to cool everything down back in october.

2) the memory is corsair too, theres another thread on here from the last RMA ;)

3) dont have another system to test this in... also, the problem is very random, that's the most difficult part in tracking it down. sometimes it happens during the night when i'm sleeping, other times when i'm just browsing the web.

4) because of the difficulty in tracking down any other root cause, my guess is that this is the one...

going to try it a little longer and monitor performance info...but if that comes up empty, i'll req and RMA. thanks for your help!

Archived