Corsair Community

Value Select Questions

JJbullwinkle

I bought 2 512 MB PC3200 value select modules from Newegg 2 weeks ago. I am having problems with 2 512MB PC3200 value select on an Abit NF7 Rev 2.0 board, they will not run at cas 2.5 together. I ran memtest and had test5 errors in the second loop, over 30 errors. It's weird that the chips say "Value Select" on them, as far as I know that is not any manufacturer I am familiar with, can you let me know who manufacturers these chips, does Corsair manufacturer it themselves? The chip marking would imply you do, since it is marked with your series. Also I remember reading somewhere where the ram guy said the modules are built overseas for the value select, there goes the trust I had in you when you said all your memory is "Made in America" :roll: If i wanted to buy something not made in the US, i would have bought some cheap OEM product that is lower priced. I bought Corsair because I THOUGHT it was made in the USA. Also, I find it extremely bizarre that there is full detail information on ALL of your XMS/LL series products but almost NONE on these value select. You give FULL TIMINGS for those products but NOT FOR VALUE SELECT? Do you have something to hide? Let me tell you, you only specify cas 2.5, and I am damn sure it is because they will ONLY run at 2.5-4-4 and not anything tighter. Good way to hide bad products Corsair, hide the other timings :roll: Are all the Value Select modules hand tested like the XMS/LL series? If so, which motherboard are they tested on? I would really like to know since you claim all your products are hand tested. I am pissed off because I have 2 modules I thought would run 2.5-3-3 because thats what I figured the other timings were when I bought the product. But I can't find ANY reference ANYWHERE ON YOUR SITE that says anything other than cas 2.5. I have 2 modules that still fail at 2.5-4-4, so not only do they not do whatever spec they should do ( I have NO IDEA what the REAL SPEC IS, since you HIDE THIS INFORMATION ), but I have to RMA these modules. So you tell me, why the lack of information? What chips are these? The PCB looks totally different than other Corsair XMS I have ( XMS3200C2 ) which BTW work fine at stock settings on my NF7 so I know it is not my CPU or motherboard that is the problem. I was going to move the XMS3200C2 to my other Intel system, but I can't now since the new value select I bought won't work.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry that you are having trouble and are not happy with us. Value Select modules are built with RAMs that are procured at the wafer level and are packaged and tested to our specifications. As such, they are not available as individual ICs, only as modules. This approach allows us to ship product with very good performance characteristics, low product cost, and a very low return rate. For our XMS line please se [URL=http://houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10158]What are the advantages of the XMS Low Latency Modules?[/URL] And [URL=http://houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10156]What, exactly, is TWINX?[/URL] I think this should answer most of your questions. Our Value select is just that, Value based memory that is less cost than our XMS line but will come with our warranty and all modules are pre-tested but not in a MB like our XMS line of modules. All of our XMS modules are tested in a MB at the rated speed before they leave our factory Please se [URL=http://houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8048]XMS Qualification and Testing [/URL] There is no other memory maker that I am aware of that does this level of testing even on their value line of modules. We do not do the same level of testing with our Value memory, however dollar to performance ratio they are a great value! We have grown in volume, and our factory has doubled in size, but our growth in sales has far our striped our ability we have to manufacture in the USA. We still manufacture about 70% of what we sell in the USA. However, the world market is just growing to a point that it requires us to have the ability to manufacture in other regions, as some markets do not care weather a specific part was made in USA. They just care about price! Value Select allows us to compete in these markets. I am sorry that you feel that you have been taken advantage of, but these are manufactured with the sole purpose of being cost efficient. And if we were to track them like we do our XMS line this would add a great deal of cost and we would not be competitive with other manufacturers Value based memory! Can you tell me the speed of the CPU that you have installed and the bios settings you had set for both CPU and memory? I have this same MB and our Value select memory running on one of my systems at home, these are the settings I am using, just for reference Memory Frequency 100% Dim Voltage: 2.7 Volts DRAM Timing (overrides SPD values): Manual System Performance: Normal SDRAM Bank cycle time (or tRAS): 7 SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3 SDRAM RAS-to-CAS Delay (tRCD): 3 SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5

Archived