Corsair Community

Is this possible???

Specs above.

I have had this RAM for about 6 months now. For the first 2 months I ran stable at 1066 with 5-5-5-15 timings. Then it wouldn't post so I dropped to 800 with 4-4-4-12 timings and that has been fine for about 4 months. Now it won't post with those settings. Is it possible to get faulty modules that slowly degrade over time? If so then I want to RMA them.

• Corsair Employee

It will take 24-48 business hours to get a reply, and our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific time Monday through Friday excluding weekends and Holidays. So you posted three hours after we were closed on Friday is why you did not get a reply.

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Didn't want to go 2 weeks without my main PC so I went to a local store and bought another set of this memory. Runs fine at 1067 when everyone told me it was my Phenom II memory controller. LOL I'll be sending this bad set back. :p:

Archived