Corsair Community

Requested modular cables multiple times, but being ignored

surfaced

I first registered on this board about 2 years ago because I wanted to get the modular cables that mistakenly did not ship with my HX520. This was not a huge problem back then, since I didn't need them, but just wanted the complete set that I paid for.

I am missing:

1 x PCI-Express 6-pin modular power connector

2 x MOLEX 4-pin modular power connector

But this is a problem now. I got a GTX 260 which requires two PCI-E 6-pin connectors. I only received one. Additionally, I need 2 more 4-pin MOLEX strings for various other devices.

I first contacted customerservice@corsairmemory.com on September 18th, 2007. I never received a response to my request. Later that day, I came here and found that I was supposed to email Ramguy@corsairmemory.com, with the title "ATT: Ramguy". I did that as directed, but again never received a response.

So last week I realized I need these cables and I came back here. The site now says to email jackflash@corsairmemory.com with my full name and address. I emailed him last Wednesday. I have not received any response.

Yesterday I called your tech support and they told me I had to open a case through the Corsair website with my problem, and the nice young woman said I should include my name and address. Today I received a response (Case #960679), telling me:

"Please send an email request with your full name and shipping address to Jackflash@corsairmemory.com for product accessory. Thank you."

:mad:

So yes, I just finished emailing Jackflash again, but I'm feeling pretty beat now, since Corsair is telling me to walk in circles. Is Corsair not getting my emails? Why is no one responding to me? I really need these modular cables as soon as possible. I bought this graphics card because my last one died on me. My computer is useless until I have these cables. I'm using an 8-year-old Power Mac G4 to type this.

• Corsair Employees
I would suspect that the cables are on the way, they normally only reply to the email if they need additional information. All three of the email addresses should be fine for requesting the cables, the request will end up in the same place. If you would like to double check the status of the request then our customer service should be able to help you out, you can contact them at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com. Just let them know you have already sent a request and they should be able to let you know when to expect the cables.

Hi again,

I don't mean to sound impatient, but in my situation I'm without a suitable work computer until these things arrive. I'd call Corsair tech support and ask for a status update, but they'd ultimately try to transfer me to Joseph Ocbina, who I've been bugging plenty already and he seems to have stopped responding to me after he shipped the cables out Monday (or Tuesday possibly; he was not clear, but he confirmed that he had gotten my request on Friday).

I'd just like an estimated delivery time for these cables. I presume they are coming from California where your tech support is. It would be shipping to Connecticut, so all the way across the country. Do you guys use UPS Ground for all extra cable requests or what?

Thanks again

• Corsair Employees
I believe they use UPS ground to ship out accessories, and they will be shipping from California. Unfortunately I would not know exactly how long it would take to get to you, but I would suspect within the next few days.

Archived