Corsair Community

Asus Rampage II Extreme and TR3X6G2000C7GTF

Chuck24

Hopefully im in the right section to post this. Anyway, i tried using the XMP profile #1 settings which sets it at 2000mhz and at random i get the blue screen of death. I can run these module at 1800mhz with no problems and seem very stable but i cant run 2000mhz. I ran memtest v2.11 . I tried each individual module and let it test twice to make sure everything was ok. 2 of my modules passed but the third module had over 700 errors all in red. Now here is the weird part. I re-ran the test on the error module after re-boot and came up as NO errors. How can that be? One other tidbit, i ran 3dmarkvantage at 2000mhz and got the blue screen after test #2. I ran it at 1800mhz and was able to complete all tests easily. Does this sound like a bad set of memory? I really want to run 2000mhz as this is why i purchased them to begin with. Thanks for your time. :eek:

Im using bios 1306

I also have the same problem, no amount of QPI/DRAM voltage (up to 1.64)and DRAM votlage (up to 1.67) will get me over 1904 Mhz with any stability in the long term.

I also posted on the Asus site for the specific board - only to be told the Asus Rampage II Extreme is only certified up to 1800 MHz RAM. Complete overclocking board? I think not.

It's a shame. I can run Memtest 2.11 for over 12 hours at 8-8-8-20 @ 2000 Mhz with 0 errors. I'm not sure what is going wrong. I've reworked ICH voltage up to 1.4 volts, VCore up to 1.45 volts and still, sooner or later, BSOD.

The Dominator GT I bought also had a spec sheet to 'certify' that it ran at 2000 Mhz successfully. May be the board or cpu that could be sub standard.

Using BIOS 1306 btw.

At the end of the day, even on a clean OS, getting issues with the chipsets.

I love my ram, so it might be new board time.

According to the corsair paper i recieved with my ram it says the 3 different setting config show performance gains coupled with the lowest priced Intel core i7 920 CPU. And config #2 shows it at 2000mhz. Im waiting on the ramguy to show. :P

I was on Neweggs site today reading the reviews on the Asus Rampage II extremes motherboard and Asus actually responded to the 2000mhz question. here it is. It also states it on the Asus site.

Pros: I don't know if this board support DDR3 2000. Newegg says 1800, but Asus homepage says 2000 too. Whats the true. Does this board is ready for 2000 DDR3?

Cons: ITS A BEAUTIFUL BOARD

**Manufacturer Response:Dear Valued Customer,

This board does have support for DDR3 2000. Please check our qualified vendors' list for compatible memory. For more information, please contact us at 1-812-282-2787 and reference case# NE358055.

Best Regards,

ASUS SUPPORT TEAM

Yes Chuck24, it can handle 2000 Mhz RAM. The thing is, only one Corsair product (at this stage) is listed as compatible:

CORSAIR

BoxP/N:TW3X2G2000DFNV(CM3X1G2000DFNV)(EPP)

DDR3 2000

2048MB(Kit of 2)

DS

N/A

Heat-Sink Package

8-8-8-24 Timings

1.9 Voltage

So until they add some TR3X6G2000C7GTF compatibility, we are going to use our brains to make it work. So far I'm at 1904 Mhz RAM with stability.

Let me know how that works out voodoo. Also do you have any idea if the Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 965 would work with the memory at 2000mhz a little better than my 920? Sounds like ramguy is meaning my processor is the culprit for not being able to consistantly run 2000mhz. I wonder if the bigger extreme processor would work without any hitches.

I was on Neweggs site today reading the reviews on the Asus Rampage II extremes motherboard and Asus actually responded to the 2000mhz question. here it is. It also states it on the Asus site.

Pros: I don't know if this board support DDR3 2000. Newegg says 1800, but Asus homepage says 2000 too. Whats the true. Does this board is ready for 2000 DDR3?

Cons: ITS A BEAUTIFUL BOARD

**Manufacturer Response:Dear Valued Customer,

This board does have support for DDR3 2000. Please check our qualified vendors' list for compatible memory. For more information, please contact us at 1-812-282-2787 and reference case# NE358055.

Best Regards,

ASUS SUPPORT TEAM

Says so on their website ...

The Ultimate Overclocking Board for Tweaking Fun

Intel® Core™i7 Processor Ready

Intel® X58/ICH10R

Triple-channel, DDR3 2000(O.C) Support

TweakIt

ProbeIt

Extreme Engine with ML Cap Design

SLI/CrossFire On-demand

SupremeFX X-Fi

BIOS Flashback

Let me know how that works out voodoo. Also do you have any idea if the Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 965 would work with the memory at 2000mhz a little better than my 920? Sounds like ramguy is meaning my processor is the culprit for not being able to consistantly run 2000mhz. I wonder if the bigger extreme processor would work without any hitches.

I have the TR3X6G2000C8GTF memory model and use it fine with a Core i7 965. The ram worked no problems out of the box using the X.M.P setting in the BIOS. The only problem I am having now is the cold boot issue since the ram upgrade, but thats a board problem as the memory tests fine.

Also I am using the 1306 bios.

I wouldnt mind knowing your settings. I really cant figure out why i get errors with this memory. Ramguy must be on vacation. Anyway, let me know

Voltage:

I run QPI/DRAM volts at 1.63, DRAM volts at 1.66 or 1.67, IOH volts at 1.39 and it runs at 1904 Mhz no problem. No shutdowns or blue screens. (190 BCLK.)

CPU:

Disable C1, HT. Set ratio to something less than 3.2 Ghz and it should be stable at that.

If you blue screen after Vista loads, bump VCore (CPU) volts up.. Just watch your temps.

Unfortunately, a store who advertised D0 i7 920's got two wrong batches apparently and now I'm waiting longer to try a new CPU. The IMC could be the issue for us trying to get 2000 Mhz.. But it's funny. The EVGA Classified can get 2442 Mhz using our very ram.

I'm starting to think it's the board.

Hopefully im in the right section to post this. Anyway, i tried using the XMP profile #1 settings which sets it at 2000mhz and at random i get the blue screen of death. I can run these module at 1800mhz with no problems and seem very stable but i cant run 2000mhz. I ran memtest v2.11 . I tried each individual module and let it test twice to make sure everything was ok. 2 of my modules passed but the third module had over 700 errors all in red. Now here is the weird part. I re-ran the test on the error module after re-boot and came up as NO errors. How can that be? One other tidbit, i ran 3dmarkvantage at 2000mhz and got the blue screen after test #2. I ran it at 1800mhz and was able to complete all tests easily. Does this sound like a bad set of memory? I really want to run 2000mhz as this is why i purchased them to begin with. Thanks for your time. :eek:

Im using bios 1306

I had a lot of strange problems with my RIIX, so I sent it back. They sent me a new one with all the parts. Now I have two sets of parts. Anyway the original mobo would not run gtx295 video cards correctly. The new one is perfect. The turn around time with Asus was about 10 days and they where very nice to deal with. I am currently using the 1104 bios. My cpu is running at 4.004 and my memory at 1866 8-8-8-20 (for now) and I have not made any voltage changes.

Archived