Corsair Community

TR3X6G1333C9 and Asus P5Q3 compatible?

barcode.uk

Hope someone can advise on compatibility here and whether or not this configuration should be possible...

I'm helping a friend with a PC build (specs at bottom of post) and need some tips and advice.

After a horrid start to this machine with the ram running at 1333Mhz and constantly freezing (even in the BIOS) we ran the machine at 1066Mhz speeds and it seemed perfectly stable, machine was running sweet on games and whilst in vista.

About 4 days in vista started blue screens (memory management and irq not less or equal).

After running memtest x86+ one of the three ram sticks appeared to error instantly whilst the others were fine.

Not sure if its a faulty stick or something else related to bios setup or hardware, any advice would be massively appreciated at this point and would stop me ripping my hair out :eek:

specs are as follows :

Q8200 Quad core

6GB DDR3 TR3X6G1333C9 Corsair (running at auto settings from spd)

Asus P5Q3 (on latest bios revision)

500GB WD sata HDD

Vista Premium 32bit

530 watt hiper psu

So should running 3 sticks on this setup not be possible? I dont think hes fussed about massive speed or dual channel advantages , just a stable machine.

UPDATE : one stick was faulty as tested at store, new set recieved and absolutely fine at stock settings on p5q3 board (9-9-9-24) @ 1333mhz

• 4 months later...

I too have an ASUS P5Q3 motherboard and 6GB DDR3 TR3X6G1333C9 RAM. I bought them a couple of months ago, the computer worked fine for about 3 weeks (although it always had some trouble on startup) and then stopped working completely, displaying various Blue Screen of Death error msgs. I used memtest which failed, then tested them individually. 1 of the sticks gave me errors in all slots of the motherboard.

I then replaced them with a new set of RAM last week, and although windows XP 32 bit seems to be running fine, i carried out a memtest just to be certain and yet again one of the sticks of RAM is giving errors.

Any idea of what that might?

Thanks,

Thomas

Archived