Corsair Community

TWIN 1600C9DHX XMS3 and Gigabyte

ea3ot

First of all hy to evereybody else, I,m new on the forum, Sorry for my bad english ( Im from Barcelona, Spain).

I use a Gigabyte MB, DA-EP45C-DS3 . whit a Intel CPU Q9300 ( 2,5 GHz Core duo Quad). Till yesterday my RAM was a pair of ******** modules I Gb each at 1333 on a Vista 32. I change both whit a TWIN of XMS3 1600C9DHX., and I think somthing is wrong. My initial latences ( auto- mode in the BIOS) are 8-7-7-20 ( CPU-z) . I check de Bios, and the SDRAM voltage read 1,5 V. Reading on the forum, I increased this voltage up to 1,8V and I change manually the latences to 9-9-9-24. Till this point I guess all is OK, The CPU.z read now of course 9.-9-9-24 but the memory speed is only 1066 in the BIOS... Any idea?? Im very dissapointed beaucouse whit the cheap old RAM it was 1333. Thanks for your help ti change the velocity in the Bios at least to 1333 , it will probably work, but I d,ont have any idea how to do that and not burn something.

Edited: I have changed the frequency up to 1333 ( 333x4) and it,s workig , and stable. It will be possible go up to 1600???? What I must to do to get this RAM,s working at 1600 on my sytem?

• Corsair Employees
It will take up to 24-48 hours to get a reply, and with those modules and that MB and CPU the fastest you can run the memory will be DDR1333 and I would set the memory voltage to what is printed on the modules and leave the timings at Auto and set the memory frequency manually to DDR1333 and then it should rtun the timings a bit more aggressive to make up for the lost frequency.

Thanks for your replay. Thats what I did ( 333x4=1333) and the latences I get at this way are 8-8-8-23. I keep the.. VDRAM at 1.5 v. Any other sugesstion please? Your help is very well aprecciated. Y have try to increase the CPU FSB to 380 like max frecuency ( the PC dont will turn on whit more than taht 380) I have overclocked a little de CPU to 380x7=2666 . The memo. speed comes up to 380x4= 1520. I keep manualy the latencys to 9-9-9-24 whit 1.8 V DRAM. What you think will be the best way to take?? Keep at 1333 as you say or keep this little CPU overcloking?

All is OK, but let me tell you, I guess the problem comes basically from my MB, Gigabyte advertise this MB will work ok whit 1600, but it,s really not. To make the FSB to 400 it,s almoust a dream. I must flash first of all the Bios (F2 to F5) and change a lot of things and test etc etc etc . Considering the low cost of this MB I have payed few month ago, I gues will be better pick up another MB capable to use 1600 DDR3 whit any problem ....whithout change every thing on the Bios.. may be is a dream what I say !!! In any event many thanks for your time guys.

Archived