Corsair Community

8gb tr3x6g1600c7 & ga-ma790fxt-ud5p

TheLastOne

Hi, I'm using 8GB of TR3X6G1600C7 in the MSI 790FX-GD70 Motherboard.

I have yet to get the machine to post at anything even remotely near the 7-7-7-20 ratings the sticks have. So far I am operating at 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 1.65v. Can you guys help me find some timings to get this to run at it's best potential? I appreciate that with 8GB I may not be able to hit 7-7-7-20 but I think I should be able to do at least a little better than 1333 9-9-9-24. The BIOS is able to read the XMP settings correctly, however, there doesn't seem to be any way to enable them?

Thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employees

What do you mean you are using 8 Gig, that is a six Gig set?

If you are using for modules then that is shy you cannot reach the tested settings and I would suggest DDR1066 or DDR1333 at 1.8 Volts and leave the timings at Auto.

This is because I switched boards in the middle and forgot to change (can't change) the topic title.

I'm running DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 1.65v at the moment and everything runs stabily, any chance of me doing better? Any recommendations?

And yes, I am aware it's a 6 GB kit, but we had 12 GB total of it and I put 8 GB in the board. I'm aware that I will clearly be unable to hit the rated specs, but I was hoping you guys could help me test it out.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just recently bought this same type of memory. I am currently using only 6GB though. Won't run with the advertised settings on the same motherboard as TheLastOne.

Is there a fix to run it at the timings stated by Corsair or is it a false hope on this system?

I'm asking cause I might as well get different memory if I can't run it at the speed specified. Reason I got these over Dominators was cause of the timings...:sigh!:

EDIT: Got it to run at 7-7-7-20 with 1333 MHz, but still not satisfied...

• Corsair Employees

TheLastOne that is your choice but the suggested setting would be 2t/N.

Seeing Red, test the system with other memory if you like but from we have seen the only way to run the memory at DDR1600 on that platform is to over clock the CPU.

Archived