Corsair Community

Corsair VX550W

After 1 month of use of the PC is turned off suddenly.

Now the PC runs for 5-10 minutes then turns off. I also changed the motherboard (i thought it was defective).

If I go into BIOS and see the CPU temperature is OK, but the 12V voltage marks 11.3 V, then it should be 10.8 - 10.4 - 10.2 - 9.8 and shot-down.

Today I felt the power supply of my friend and the PC work for 2 hour with no problem. Conclusion: it is definitely a power supply problem.

----------------------------------------------------

I open warranty request at Tech Support Express (Message Regarding Case #954107)

After 5 days no news from Corasair ... I do not think you are a serious company.

I thought to pay something extra for the power supply for quality and reliability, however nothing! I am very angry!!!!!!!!!

I had just open th On Line RMA Request Form (Case #954107) in date 1st may 2009 (You can verify)!!!! To date no response.

I already bought a new power supply (i need th PC) and everything works.

I hope my experience was an isolated case.

Roby

Yes, i confirm that today (at distance of 1 week) i receive the RMA. Unfortunately I need to use your PC and could not wait, so I bought a new power supply 3 days ago.

To replace the Corsair power supply i must shipping it from ITALY to the NETHERLANDS: 33.30 euro are the shipping cost (Poste Italiane rate). For the new one this time I have spent 38.00 euros (the Corsair cost 90,00 Euro).

My experience as a council not to spend too much for a power supply.

Advice for all: read carefully the manufacturer's warranty to understand what costs will be encountered in case of malfunction.

Roby

Archived