Corsair Community

TX750W May Be Bad

Irish_Bull

Hey,

I built a new computer in March of this year (my first build). I was very happy with everything and was surprised at how easy it was and not to have any problems. Thus far it has been working flawlessly, until this morning when I attempted to turn it on. I usually power down my computer at night before I got to bed using Vista's sleep function, everything was normal. Today, when I hit a button on the keyboard to wake it up I got nothing. I tried the power and reset buttons. I checked to see if the switch in the back had been flipped, but it was not. I checked inside the case to see if there was a power indicator light on, but there wasn't. I've checked to see if it is the power cable itself. I tried the paperclip trick that was mentioned on the technical support FAQ, making sure everything was unplugged and that it was the green and a black wire but that also did not turn the fan on. I am confused as to what the problem is, since nothing seems to have caused anything to short out the PSU. If there are any other suggestions to see if it is actually the power supply, then I'd like to try them first before RMAing the PSU. I do not have an extra power supply. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.:sunglasse:sunglasse

Just go to a local computer shop with a good return policy and pick up one there to test. I wouldn't RMA it until you know for sure that's the problem. Also sorry to say that when a PSU blows it's quite common for it to take other components with it. Hopefully this is not the case.

• Corsair Employees
If possible I would test it in a different system and see if you have the same problems, but if its not powering on when you do the paperclip test, then there is a good chance that we will want to replace it for you. You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived