Corsair Community

Flash Voyager Loose Case

Ste999

Hi,

In the last couple of days the rubber casing on my flash voyager has become loose. Everytime I take it out of a USB port this happens:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/87/dsc00869n.jpg

Even when gripping the sides quite firmly the casing still comes off. Is it possible to get it replaced?

Thanks.

Same problem as described above since last Friday (8gb Flash Voyager) , except that I was holding the entire casing :(: . I can provide pictures if necessary, just don't have a camera handy at the moment.

Same question: Is it possible to get it replaced?

Thanks in advance

GG

• 9 months later...

The reason for starting in an old thread is that a bit more then half a year ago I recieved my replacement drive (8gb Flash Voyager).... And now the same thing has happened again (see previous post in this thread), the casing came off while pulling it out of a USB port. I only use the drive every couple of days, it should be able to handle that, no?

Any suggestions how to handle this permanently? (silicone glue maybe?)

Regards,

GG

• 2 weeks later...
Same problem here, entire rubber enclosure comes apart. Plus,the device doesn't seem to work anymore. Tried it on several computers and it doesn't get recognized (in Linux, not shown on dmesg output). Support department of the import company in Turkey (Dijital Trend) refused to change the the device saying the usb connector is bended. There are only few scratches on connector as it is a year old device (bought on 13.02.2009) heavily used, carried around all the time and on quite a number of different computers/usb ports.

Archived