Corsair Community

TX650W doing rollercoasting

nitratex

Hi,

I'm trying to get a new system working with a TX650W but I have this strange issue :

everything is connected all right, I turn on the power, and everything powers up normally (that is : motherboard, cpu fan, 2 tower fans, graphic card, dvd player...all powered), and then about 5 secs after start, complete shut down...for 5 secs, until it start again...still only for 5 secs !!

without shut down of the PSU, the system is looping between 5 secs of power supply, and 5 seconds of nothing...

no need to say that the system doesn't start at all...

Did I missed something or is it a PSU problem ?? or maybe a motherboard / CPU problem ???

Thanks for your help !

• Corsair Employees
I would recommend that you try the PSU functionality test from this thread. If the PSU powers on and stays on, then there is a possibility that your system is triggering the OCP/OVP (overcurrent and overvoltage protection) circuits on the PSU due to an out of spec signal from the motherboard. There could also be a short or a grounding issue within the system preventing the PSU from powering on and staying on. If this is the case then I would recommend testing the PSU in a different system to be sure. If the PSU is still not powering on properly then let us know and we will be happy to replace it!

I tried the PSU on another system and the system works perfectly, no loss of power & normal use.

I guess this would mean that my problem comes from my motherboard or CPU then ?

Thanks anyway for the advice and for your products

Archived