Corsair Community

Twinx1024-3200c2pt both fail mem86

Bwarde

I have a set of this memory that I belive may be causing some system instablity. I ran mem86 on each chip and they both had errors I'm woundering how long I should run the test. I let it run for one hour. Also is their any info in this test that would be helpful in making sure it is the ram. One chip failed with 50+ errors in one hour the other failed with over one hundred. I plan to test the ram on another computer over the next couple of days. I have been searching this fourm for answers I'm just out of ideas. I have set the timming by Cosairs web site, set them on auto, set them loose and the ram still fails. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Brian Warde

I'm posting an attachment of the screen shots of memtest on this memory. I tested it today on another computer (soyo dragon ultra, p4 2.8) with the same results. I also borrowed a stick of kingston hyperX to test on my system and had no errors after 30min test. I know buying this ram was not a mistake, you buy the best you get the best. I just what to get this fixed. Thank you Brian Warde

• Corsair Employees
lets get your memory replaced. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

Archived