Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 4GB Malfunctioning

FIsForFunkU

I have a Corsair Flash Voyager 4GB drive that I've had for maybe a year now. I was working on some projects and disconnected it from a computer to take home and work on it there. I did so, and when I plugged it into my home laptop (XP) it didn't load like it usually does. I tried it on my laptop in Windows7 beta, same thing. I've used it many times before in these 2 OS's but it will not work now. I took it back and plugged it into the computer I was working on originally, and it won't load. All it does is when plugged in it has a continuous blue light that stays on, instead of flashing when reading the drive. What can I do to get the data from it? I REALLY need the data as finals are coming up and ALL of my projects are on it. Please let me know what I should do, thanks.

I will eventually do so, but I was wondering what the warranty covers? Will it cover getting the data back from the drive? Does it cost extra to do so if not? Any information would be appreciated.

Edit: Is there anything I can do to get the data from it? I cannot afford to lose what is on the drive and I will need it as finals come up in the next few weeks. Can you suggest any data extractor tools to get what is on it? It shows up in XP as a drive that needs to be formatted, blue light on all the time, and it calls itself "USB MEMORY BAR USB DEVICE" or "SM324BC MEMORY BAR" in device manager. If I do the safe remove, it will "eject" the drive and the blue light will turn off. Any words of advice?

Archived